sbg  

GearHead
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who's got what?

Default Who's got what?

Curious to see what printers people are using out there.

I'm running a Tevo Tornado with a few printed modifications, including a Fang shroud and Octoprint running on a RaspberryPi.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Totes interested in responses here. Been interested in a printer for ages but held off because the affordable ones all seem (seemed) to have reliability issues. Haven't bothered looking at them for over a year and so suspect the reliability has improved.

In for the replies, based on reviews I'm looking real hard at the dremel, followed by the makerbot+

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Default Who's got what?

Monomaker 3Plus .
    Made by Wanhao Iíve had mine for a year, Trouble free. Iíve got octoprint, prefer to run mine manually, off the SD card

I have upgraded my fan and shroud as I run a micro Swiss hotend for flawless PETG. Forgot that I did the MOSFET mod the first week, and the PID tune helped out with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fourth Protocol View Post
    Totes interested in responses here. Been interested in a printer for ages but held off because the affordable ones all seem (seemed) to have reliability issues. Haven't bothered looking at them for over a year and so suspect the reliability has improved.
    I'm finding that there's always something to tinker with. This is still very much art, and not so much science it seems. In fact, I was having an issue with prints just "pausing". Then my internal power supply died. Ask n00b, he's had a ton of issues with his first Tornado. So much so, that it got returned.

Monoprice Maker Select V2 (rebadged Wanhao i3)

Made the bad decision to buy a refurb, and it showed up with several issues. Once I got those fixed, it's ended up being a pretty good printer. Printed Z-brace mod, cooling fan mod, and a control box fan mod. Mosfet upgrade for heated bed. Upgraded bed support plate. Glass print bed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am running a Creality CR-10. I have had it almost 2 years now and so far it is still just about stock. I have done little printed upgrades like the x and y belt adjusters, the rear frame brace and the y axis motor brace. I have also put dampers on the x and y motors. The next upgrade that sitting and waiting is the gt2 belt with steel core, i have found that the stock belts have stretched close to an inch over time and i want to stop that.
    Scale Builders Workshop on Facebook and Instagram

So random question, does anyone run a resin printer? And is there any downside to them for RC? (Weak/heavy/etc)

Quote Originally Posted by sgtbham View Post
    So random question, does anyone run a resin printer? And is there any downside to them for RC? (Weak/heavy/etc)

I know a couple guys with resin printers, and they mostly sit. Apparently dealing with the resin bath is a total pain in the butt. I'll take a traditional extrusion-style printer because I can fiddle with ABS, PLA, Wood, PETG, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    I'm finding that there's always something to tinker with. This is still very much art, and not so much science it seems. In fact, I was having an issue with prints just "pausing". Then my internal power supply died. Ask n00b, he's had a ton of issues with his first Tornado. So much so, that it got returned.
    Yes, my first Tornado was a hurricane of failure. Definitely something was wrong with its brain. It would randomly Y shift inches off target. Luckily I bought it on Amazon so the return/exchange was incredibly easy. My second one seems to be much happier (printing as we speak).
    SBG Junior Vice President in Charge of Jerps

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast