sbg  

AE Element 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DELTΔ Chassis by GCM: Info and Tech

I've stuck together a couple weeks of spotty video coverage of the build into a compilation, and added some test drive footage at the end. This video contains a bunch of discussion about the chassis design, and more specifically the tiny 252mm wheelbase Samurai build itself.

This engine bay in the Samurai shows a bunch of common DELT∆ stuff.. the machined servo mount, front inner fenders (home printed) that seem to fit anything non-jeep, and the tips of the front shock towers.

I need to mention here that this chassis accommodates SMALL 3d printed engines. Thanks to tight suspension space, short nose hang, and working steering, only the smaller engines can be expected to fit. The GCM designed 22r and V8 do fit.

gcmracing.ca tinytrucks.com jsscale.net

We've done a bunch of modeling for covers and sliders etc. These will be available for free download at our www.shapeways.com/shops/gcmracing link in the DELT∆ Chassis section, and feel free to trim or modify as required. So far we've made simple changes to the sliders and fit a Marlin body, Samurai, Jeep, and Tamiya lexan Bronco to the DELT∆ chassis. I'm looking forward to doing the Blazer, and D90s also.

In this picture you can get a view of the front left suspension setup. The coil over shocks sit on the top of the new front axle, beside the left biased ring and pinion. Also visible below the shock tower is the lifted holeset... by simply moving the shock tower mounting holes you can get a 6 mm front end lift which will help level off different types of truck builds. Much easier than messing with shock changes. All of our stuff comes with our narrow steel ball rod ends and stainless links.

Chassis got me like
    Name:  BE22C3B3-6CDB-4FC3-97EC-BFB9E41D2064.jpeg
Views: 473
Size:  49.6 KB

Looking really clean so far guys. Interested to see what people (and hopefully myself) do with it

Thanks Scooty!

Here's a long wheelbase 287mm build we finished. It's sitting pretty on our Slot Mini-Mag rims, and wrapped in RC4wd 1.7 Irocs from a Marlin. It's so friggin low and flat. Crazy. I can hardly wait to show you this chassis driving after this video loads... ... ....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181201_084739~2.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	27785

Of course, you already know I am excited about this chassis, Chris. Any chance you would ever do a right side offset front axle? or will that not work out with the way the front links are setup?
    -Jeff
    Mod19RC Shapeways Store
    IG: @RexRacer19

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by generis View Post
    My local friend who is smart at video things came over without invitation today and we did a nice live interview on the thing...
    LOL :)
    He had announced it the day before on his Youtube-Channel. "The world" had been informed

Walter

Forgive me if my questions were covered in one of the videos. So far I only watched the comparison video of the 3 trucks doing the mud climb.

I haven't built a GCM chassis but I've been wanting to. Very excited about this one.

Is the geometry on this chassis different and/or better than your other kits?

Will SCX10 axles work with this kit?

Quote Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
    Forgive me if my questions were covered in one of the videos. So far I only watched the comparison video of the 3 trucks doing the mud climb.

I haven't built a GCM chassis but I've been wanting to. Very excited about this one.

Is the geometry on this chassis different and/or better than your other kits?

Will SCX10 axles work with this kit?
    Thanks for the comment and question:
    Due to the (scale) front and center motor and offset front driveshaft, there's no possible way to use any centered differential setup in the front of this chassis. Everything is far too tight and compact for that sort of space in the front. You MUST use a very offset front diff and no center links or truss. Obviously our TMX Delta axle is a perfect match, though.
    This new Chassis has several changes built in that make it different than our other offerings. We're using shorter front links, and new geometry up front to get the anti-dive to a max so the braking is more controlled. We've also compacted as much as physically allows on the front in order to get a very short wheelbase setup that's still good on geometry, and scale, to allow the short wheelbase guys to have fun too. We set it up for 2 rear leaf spring options, without interfering with any of the links, so you can simply bolt in the 'traction bars'. We've kept some important adjustability, but eliminated most of the adjustments available in CMAX. ...And a few other design changes...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast