sbg  

RPP UMG
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DEBOSS Garage C/10 project

Default DEBOSS Garage C/10 project

This c/10 project is going to follow along with, maybe even jump ahead abit of the current C/10 being built on the DEBOSS Garage youtube channel.

Their goal is to have a fairly nice patinaed c10 with a boosted duramax diesel with air ride suspension. So far they have got a decent enough truck and a gmc motorhome chassis with a air ride setup on it.
    As they haven't shot a ton of video on the project i am basing allot of thing off what they have said or posted online. This concept drawing was posted awhile back and will be taking allot of inspiration from this image and a few others.

So the first thing was i wanted to use stuff i had laying around. For a rear axle i had some Tamyia TLT axles taking up space on the shelf. They are steer axles as it was a monster truck, so designed a rear lock out that fit the look of the rest of the axle.

I also painted up a proline 66 chev cab in the two tone that is needed for the look and started mocking stuff up

The frame rails are Vattera Acsender's so that i could not only play with the wheelbase, but also not have to cut huge notches in the rails.

I also wanted to see what the new suburban looked like sitting on the chassis

The next big things were design a trasnsmount and skid. It took a couple tries to get right, but now realy happy with it. The trans is the axial version2, so that its down out of the way more.

Also designed the front servo mount and frame brace. I ran them down the rails so when the shock mounts get built i have something in the frame to screw into already

I also designed and 3d printed a set of front wheels as the tamyia beam axle was too narrow for the body.

At some point in the near future, there will be updates on my Youtube channel as well. When ever i get this to points that would make interesting content
    Also know as The Scale Builder on Facebook and Instagram

Nice job on all the new parts for the chassis.

Wes

thanks wesmade. I am sure there is going to be lots more, as this build is going to get allot of custom stuff.

So i reprinted the front wheels one more time for a couple of reasons, first the bearing dimension was a hair too small. Second i wanted to print in a finer layer height. These were done at .08 and should be just a prime and paint.

While the duals is cool on the back, the real truck is getting just a wide single tire. So i cut and shut a pair of tires to make a nice super single tire. The down side is now i have to design a new rear rim. The bonus to that is now i can tuck the tire further back toward the frame, more in line with a stock truck look.

Oh boy.. I missed a lot on this one...
    Following now my good friend. You know I'm a sucker for these years and this kind of build.

Bring on the greatness. Popcorn popcorn popcorn ..
    More please.

P>S>
    Do ya need some rear fenders... ?? I can vacuum form some for ya..Freeeeee.
    Let me know buddy.
    Run what Ya Brung.

2Beers thanks so much. I have always been inspired by the work you do and would be honored to have your parts on my build. I have been trying to figure out how to build the step fender since i started.

Love the inspiration for this build, stance, design and 3D use.......AWESOME! Looking forward to more!

Hooking ya up today on those fenders …
    It's an honor to whip ya up a set for this awesome build.
    Really digging on the truck..going to be sweet.

I'll share some pics shortly of the folly's on the fenders..ahahahaa
    P.M. me an address brother. They Might make it your way before X-mass.
    Run what Ya Brung.

Here ya goo. "bones"
    One set of 66 rear fenders my friend....Notice...no hump for spare tire on the driverside fender...lol
    That will be five candy canes please...ahahaha

IMG_1059 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_1061 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_1062 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_1066 (640x480).jpg

Glad to help your build out. Just doing what I do.

Looking forward to more on this one.
    Run what Ya Brung.

oh my goodness those are down right beautiful. They are going to look so sweet with the new tires in them.

I think i have something better than 5 candy canes to send your way for these, but we will keep that a surprise lol

this is really nice

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast