sbg  

GearHead
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 60's F1 racer

Awesome work!

It's been a while but I've made some progress.

I got the motor and the exhaust printed and I've started painting it. Needs some detailing and maybe some oil stains and other dirt. Don't know how to do it but I'll try my best.

I've also got the new body parts printed in nylon like resin. Upper parts didn't work out so I'll use the PLA version. Next step is to start filling and sanding them. But I'll probably paint the other 3d printed parts first.

Fantastic progress. Great 3D modelling there sir.
    Cheers eh!
    Todd

nice. waiting to see it finished

Very cool! Loving the progress.
    -Jeff
    Mod19RC Shapeways Store
    IG: @RexRacer19

Good work! I love that era in racing. Just watched Grand Prix for the first time the other day. Looks real accurate.

Details are very cool, that 12 cyl. is awesome! Scratch building to the next level!

Thanks everyone!

I have started painting this thing. All the little bits and pieces have received a coat or two of paint and I have also started priming and sanding the body. Three out of four body parts are currently drying after receiving their second and third filler coat. Yesterday I puttied the fourth part and today I sanded it, that's the part in the pics below. Tomorrow it will get some more primer on.

Other news is that I ditched the planetary gearbox as it felt too stiff. I built a new gearbox, well not exactly a box, out of square aluminum tubing, 5 mm steel rod and some pinion gears. With the new gearbox design, I got some more room for the electronics. Also had to make a new motor plate. That started out as a aluminum T-profile.

Soon I'll start adding some Ferrari red...

When you look at this you'd think it was a kit, the execution is top notch. I wonder if anyone with connections to one of the RC manufacturers is paying attention....hello Tamiya, HPI etc....this could easily be made into a kit, a scale racing class could follow!!! Cool stuff!!

i like it a lot, it is Engineering and designer marvell

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast