sbg  

AE Element
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: 60's F1 racer

E-6000 is a great glue. Stays just a lil flexible yet has a very good bond without melting the pieces together like normal glue does.

Almost looks like you're on ice at the end of the turn. maybe too much toe in on the rear? Been a long time since I contemplated suspension adjustments. Looks Great.

Looks great. So glad it's a runner. I was wondering how your 3D printed wheels would hold up as I tend to thing they would not be strong enough, especially in the rear because of the torque you can kick out with an electric drivetrain. Obviously it would take a lot more run time to show that weakness but I am curious.

Thanks Timmahh and JunkGTZ!

I don't think there's any problems with durability if the wheels are SLS printed in nylon. It's very strong and also flexible. It helps too if you add slightly more thickness. My F1 has a very mild motor and no grip in the back. So, I'm not concerned. Not sure about FDM printed wheels. There might be delaminatons if there's enough power.

I went to proper track few days ago to test this and it was fun. Short but fun. Quite a hard car to drive. Too slow in the corner and the rear looses grip. Got one battery through and started with the second one and then noticed weird noise coming from the drivetrain. Turns out that the pinion was ground sharp. Now I have installed a new pinion and tried to mesh and align it better. Well see how it goes after I hit the track again.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789