sbg  

AE Element 2
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Can a Tamiya Midnight Pumpkin be Transformed into a '55/56 Ford COE?

Hey there’s some wood in there! Nice! I love the curves of an old cabover. Looking good sir.
    [B]SBG Junior Vice President

This thing is looking amazing!!! I've always like COEs but this one takes the cake.

Thanks Guy's! Yes, I even incorporated some wood on this one! I may use it again!

OK, I screwed up. I built the hauler deck for the COE, then realized that even though I widened the body 5/8" it is still closer to 1:12 scale then to 1:10 scale. SO NOW NONE OF MY BUILDS FIT ON IT! So, I had a partial '57 Chevy Monogram kit that had been given to me a number of years ago that is 1:12 scale. It was missing parts, no engine and a few other bits. Now being the Gasser guy that I am, well here are the photos. It will be just a static model ( I haven't built a static model in YEARS!!!!) so I now it has nothing to do with our RC posts, but thought I would share. Kind of a "Barn Find - ex-project" find build. Couple things, I made shackles for the rear, ladder bars, made faux air shocks and flipped the axle to on top of the springs. Front tube axle, leafs, shocks and shackles are all from scratch. Sanded and hit it with both red oxide and grey primer for now. Now I have to find a 1:12 engine! #nankinhobby #exclusiverc #rc4wd #scalebuildersguild #scratchbuild #scale1957chevy #teamknkhardware #scalecoeIMG_0317.jpgIMG_0315.jpgIMG_0310.jpgIMG_0307.jpgIMG_0322.jpgIMG_0319.jpgIMG_0321.jpgIMG_0323.jpg

I LOVE IT!!

Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by ShopGTR View Post
    I LOVE IT!!

Well done!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pera2008 View Post
    nice combo
    Thank you!

Work in progress, an old Blue Oval COE hauling an old Bow Tie barn find Gasser.IMG_0346.jpgIMG_0349.jpgIMG_0353.jpgIMG_0344.jpgIMG_0343.jpgIMG_0352.jpg

Really fantastic

Yaa !
    But can I have it ?
    Ahahahahaa
    Just keeps getting moe betta..
    Way to keep my attention span and me sittin at the edge of my seat buddy.

Very cool Build.
    Run what Ya Brung.

Quote Originally Posted by ericdegallargue View Post
    Really fantastic
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by 2Beers View Post
    Yaa !
    But can I have it ?
    Ahahahahaa
    Just keeps getting moe betta..
    Way to keep my attention span and me sittin at the edge of my seat buddy.

Very cool Build.
    Thanks 2Beers! Your builds give me inspiration! I enjoy these types of builds, being an old Gasser guy, these builds Bring back memories for me! I can't give it away yet though!

Well, my "barn find" theme is a bit further along. After 2.5 hours of sanding, I've got the COE looking like it was painted with the '57 some 45-50 years ago, then parked until just found. Now the COE will get some new motivation! Here's the team and the killer #exclusiverc 5.9 Cummings that will be mid-mounted. #nankinhobby #teamknkhardware #rc4wd #leagueofscratchbuildersIMG_0413 (2).jpgIMG_0386.jpgIMG_0412.jpg

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast