sbg  

RPP Associated
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Dag's SCX10ii Hilux

Awesome job on the details, it's coming together awesome!

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Harold996tt View Post
    This is just getting better and better mate. Superb details. Can't get enough of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuge View Post
    Awesome job on the details, it's coming together awesome!

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
    Thanks guys!!

Happy Easter SBG! May the tiny Easter trucks bring you much chocolate... and many baby trucks!

20200412_105647.jpg

Ok, a few updates. Got some windows in, cleaned the bed sides up and aged them a bit more... feels more together now.

Many photos...

20200418_205750.jpg

Also added a Marlin bumper and winch, will try to get it sitting a bit lower.

20200418_205935.jpg

20200418_210137.jpg

Cut down a rear view mirror from an LC70 parts tree...

20200418_210008.jpg

And I found a hardware store on Fleabay that could make up nylon spacers for any size/thread. I've added 3mm to the rear links, I think the axles are now sitting where I want them and it's helped lay the rear shocks down a bit too. That has allowed me to drop the ride height in the front with softer springs... I think the stance is pretty good now though I am going to try some 60mm shocks too.

20200418_210252.jpg

Cheers guys!

This turk lives a cool life in your hands. Amazed by all the interior\ext details. And what a difference with the full drop bed!
    Do you planning about filling up the mounting holes around the body?

love those body modifications toget more crawling performance and still look kinda stock

Quote Originally Posted by luxarsKetch View Post
    This turk lives a cool life in your hands. Amazed by all the interior\ext details. And what a difference with the full drop bed!
    Do you planning about filling up the mounting holes around the body?
    Thanks! I didn't do that as this was meant to be a quick paint job and easy to swap round with the green body... but yeah, now they're really bothering me. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by pera2008 View Post
    love those body modifications toget more crawling performance and still look kinda stock
    Thanks Pera! Yeah, I like the idea of doing scale mods you'd see on the 1:1. Getting there with performance... I stupidly set up the suspension without the battery in, need to rethink it now, not so easy with these scale shocks!

A few more details- wired in lights, smoked a sunroof and improved the suspension a bit. Using 60mm scale shocks in the back now and it's working well, just a little too high. On the lookout for a slightly softer spring...

Anyway, now the build is pretty much complete it seemed a good time to deliver to its new owner:

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910