sbg  

RPP UMG
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 29 Ford Model A roadster

Default 29 Ford Model A roadster

After some wheeling and dealing i ended up with a bunch of 1/8 scale models. In one of the boxes was this resin casted 29 Model a roadster with 32 grill.

I had one of the RC4WD scale v8 sitting in the store, so thought i would check to see how it fit up.

Seeing as allot of stuff from RC4WD is b/o thru Great Planes right now, i thought it would be fun to try and design a set of headers. They turned out better than i expected.

So the next part of this project is that i want to have a steel frame water jetted out. So i am putting it all together in styrene first, that way i can break it back down to template it out. Then i can have a cad file created for the water jet.

A little farther along on the frame. All the big parts are glued up now, and the next big thing is to get the suspension parts in and mocked up.

The overall plan is for this to look like a mid to late 50's hotrod build. I will be keeping a stock style wishbone suspension in the front and rear. Also going to try and hide as much of the electronics in the trunk. Steering servo may end up under the dash, but we will see as thing go along
    Also know as The Scale Builder on Facebook and Instagram

Wow off to a great start!

Ill be watching this closely.

Very cool!

YES! This looks like a fun one sir.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

This looks totally awesome! I wonder about the strength of that styrene chassis- being someone who is currently limited to styrene and brass. Would it hold things together for light use?

thanks guys, i can't wait to get this one driving.

As for the chassis i don't styrene would last long at all in this setup. That more due to the weight of the motor/trans combo and the resin body. Also this will be leaf sprung and that would also flex the chassis enough to make it fail.

I do have another build in the works on here of a jeep cherokee, where the whole unibody structure is styrene. Its no where close to done, but should last better because the abs body will keep the chassis from flexing
    Also know as The Scale Builder on Facebook and Instagram

Ah cool, I may well have seen that, will look it up. Brilliant work!

This looks like one of "must follow" builds! Off to a very cool start!

Look at rceveryday on YouTube, he used micro servos to simulate air bag suspension

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Now that is a beautiful start. gonna follow this one.
    If In Doubt Give It A Clout.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast