sbg  

RPP UMG
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: My take on a Proline ‘66 C10

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Lethbridge, Alberta
    Posts
    356

    Default My take on a Proline ‘66 C10

    I picked up some RC Nerds Shapeways parts for it as well as the Proline Classic Interior. It all fit really well, I added a steering wheel and shifter in the interior, and then weathered the outside, finished off with a matte clear. Thanks for looking
















  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    It no longer exists.
    Posts
    11,616

    Default

    And you've done a great job! You'd be hard pressed to say that's Lexan.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Nice! This is one of the best bodies for lexan with rc nerds parts. Your weathing looks fantastic and the wood bed made me do a double take. Its really great! I'm tempted to do one also.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Reminded me of the one i learned to drive in. Great job looks awesome

    Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Lethbridge, Alberta
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    And you've done a great job! You'd be hard pressed to say that's Lexan.
    Thanks, Matt. Means a ton coming from you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
    Nice! This is one of the best bodies for lexan with rc nerds parts. Your weathing looks fantastic and the wood bed made me do a double take. Its really great! I'm tempted to do one also.
    Thanks! RC Nerds stuff is great and Shapeways' print quality is absolutely outstanding. I highly recommend giving one a shot!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bent hinge pin View Post
    Reminded me of the one i learned to drive in. Great job looks awesome
    Thank you!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Lethbridge, Alberta
    Posts
    356

    Default

    I was able to get some inner fenders made which were quite easy for this body. I don’t like how high the body mounted but unless I went to a leaf spring or cantilever setup in the rear, this is as low as I could get it. Was hoping to get away with a smaller tire but it looks like I’ll need to go a bit bigger. OG Rock Beasts are on order.




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Concord, NC
    Posts
    632

    Default

    That looks really nice! Well done on the weathering and finish overall!
    -Jeff
    Mod19RC Shapeways Store
    IG: @RexRacer19

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Glad to see you haven't lost your touch in making great rigs!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    NoVa
    Posts
    1,354

    Default

    That is fantastic work!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Lethbridge, Alberta
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RexRacer19 View Post
    That looks really nice! Well done on the weathering and finish overall!
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironhide13 View Post
    Glad to see you haven't lost your touch in making great rigs!
    I may be going through a bit of a lull in terms of building trucks, but weathering is relatively easy!

    Quote Originally Posted by ShopGTR View Post
    That is fantastic work!!
    Thank you sir!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •