sbg  

AE Element 2

Thread: Milliput Epoxy Putty

Default Milliput Epoxy Putty

Has anyone ever had experience with Milliput. Itís a two part epoxy putty. Says on package it is good for damn near everything under the sun. It feels like Playdoh right after mixing. If you add just a small amount of water it feels like moldable clay. Says it dries in 3 hours rock solid.

Been watching a toy repair guy on YouTube and he uses it for all kinds of stuff. Figured this may come in handy some day. I might try my hand at making a hula dancer for my Cherokee Chief. Itís the only thing I have yet to find.

Wes

Good stuff and a true classic. It's great for sculpting since slow hardening allows a long working time. Becomes rock hard so maybe not best option if you are filling some gaps and about to sand the surface later. For human body parts I would use the terracotta coloured one.

Handy stuff but bit pricey if you are doing larger repair works.

(disclaimer: I am not a sculptor)

Excellent stuff. You can use water to smooth the surface, and it takes a while to dry it once it does itís very hard. I donít think it shrinks like bondo or green putty does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iíve had an unopened pack of that for a while but have never thought about using it. Got it from Hobby Lobby too. I mustíve had a coupon and nothing better to buy.
    [B]SBG Junior Vice President

I used it to smooth out a section. It went on super easy. I even used a small metal tool with water to help form it. Not sure if I didnít wait long enough, but it clogs sandpaper horribly bad. Once I got down to 220 it seemed to be a lot better though.

Wes