sbg  

RPP UMG
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: TRDPRO 5th Gen 4Runner Inferno Build

Thumbs up

Oh gosh.

I just came across this thread from google search 5th gen.

Just just finish building my rig. I think I'm ready for mini BAJA4RN chase truck.

I like how you mount the Maxtraxx to the side of the cans. thanks!!

here's my rig..

Thanks everyone and Matt for picking me for the build of the year and also thanks photobucket for messing with my account

I also built another 5th gen for a friend with solid front axle with aluminum front bumper.

Pictures from west coast scale challenge!

All of them in one picture

Scale trail run pics

Been lurking here for awhile. Your truck is such inspiration. I have a 5th gen 4Runner myself and plan on making a mini-me, so to speak. Slowly buying the parts so I have a project truck when I move at the end of next month.

After reading your whole thread, I really appreciate the post on the wheels. Decided to get the same, so it matches my 1:1. I'll definitely be referring back to your thread during my build process also.

One question: would a 1.9 tire with a OD of 4.19 fit okay with no rubbing? I'm specifically looking at the Proline KM3 Mud-Terrain tires. I have KO2 on my 1:1 but I fear the tires proline offers are going to be too tall.

Too tall. You'll rub in every direction.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by ToyRnnr View Post
    Been lurking here for awhile. Your truck is such inspiration. I have a 5th gen 4Runner myself and plan on making a mini-me, so to speak. Slowly buying the parts so I have a project truck when I move at the end of next month.

After reading your whole thread, I really appreciate the post on the wheels. Decided to get the same, so it matches my 1:1. I'll definitely be referring back to your thread during my build process also.

One question: would a 1.9 tire with a OD of 4.19 fit okay with no rubbing? I'm specifically looking at the Proline KM3 Mud-Terrain tires. I have KO2 on my 1:1 but I fear the tires proline offers are going to be too tall.
    Thanks for the kind words. As matt says it will rub unless you are running an aftermarket front bumper and adjust the front axles. I run 4.19 tires on the white 4runner and you can see how i extend the front axles to get away with rubbing. Also check the new rc4wd bfg tires. They have perfect sizes especially on the 1.7

Quote Originally Posted by bonards29 View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. As matt says it will rub unless you are running an aftermarket front bumper and adjust the front axles. I run 4.19 tires on the white 4runner and you can see how i extend the front axles to get away with rubbing. Also check the new rc4wd bfg tires. They have perfect sizes especially on the 1.7
    Thanks for the advice. Looks like I might need to think a different direction on the wheels and tires. I got the same wheels you have for your inferno 4Runner. I liked them because of the scale looks to the TRD Pro wheels which I have on my 1:1. I did find some 1.9 tires on RC4WD that are 4.09" OD. probably still too large.

For the record, I'm going to be building a SCX10ii kit with the Enduro IFS conversion kit. :)
    Last edited by ToyRnnr; 04-12-2020 at 02:29 PM. Reason: spelling! DOH

Very nice build. I am about to start mine shortly, too bad all your pics are gone. You're awesome photobucket!

WOW!!! One of the greatest builds I've seen in SBG

such a good builder only a couple hours away from me

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718