sbg  

AE Element
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: TRDPRO 5th Gen 4Runner Inferno Build

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Hi,
    first I'd like to say it's a lovely model!

But sorry that in my opinion this is not at this moment a model for the guild finest!
    It's a 3D printed body without any interior.
    For sure it is a lot of work for smoothing the glued body and the IRS front suspension
    is great but there are other models out there with more "right" to get here.
    So sorry for the my opinion.
    I think it's to early.
    What ever it's a cool ride.
    Jens
    Thanks but i guess you didnt notice all the scratch work i have done. Lets just leave the decision to them.
    Especially how i built my ifs, steering and crazy drivetrain and works well if you see the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Hi,
    first I'd like to say it's a lovely model!

But sorry that in my opinion this is not at this moment a model for the guild finest!
    It's a 3D printed body without any interior.
    For sure it is a lot of work for smoothing the glued body and the IRS front suspension
    is great but there are other models out there with more "right" to get here.
    So sorry for the my opinion.
    I think it's to early.
    What ever it's a cool ride.
    Jens
    Wow, some nerve you have. What makes a build eligible for Guildís Finest? Iíd love to know since you donít run this forum and Iím one of the people who do.
    It doesnít matter how the body was made. The work that has to be put into a 3D printed body to get paint that smooth is extremely time consuming. Not to mention all of the chassis and suspension work and scratch built accessories.
    Please keep comments like this to yourself. They do nothing for this community or the hobby.
    SBG Junior Vice President RC4WDCASTLEGCM

Sorry.
    Didn't know that other opinions are not allowed.

I don't think it's that other opinions aren't allowed, but more so this is a forum to enjoy, assist, and learn. That you don't believe it to be a Finest Build is your opinion, which you are fully entitled to, but what you base that off of is maybe a little skewed.

Having a similar build going myself, a 3D printed large body, I know first hand how much time and effort went into the body building and paint prepping. I'm on month 3 of mine and just got paint on it 2 weeks ago. I dare not count how much paint and primer I've got on here. Must have doubled the weight of it.

Basically, where I'm going is that you are using your personal check list to rate this build. You are unaware of how much time went into the suspension. The body building. The automotive level paint job.

I'm leaving this with this thought: I, and many members and guests, come here often to see others work and praise them for it. I would say if you disagree with what someone has built or what others think of it, that's your prerogative, but don't feel the need to tarnish someone else's achievement by voicing your negative opinion. You're welcome to those ideas, but maybe don't feel the need to type them.

This is MrGuy's playground that he lets us play in. I'd stick to his rules or he may put a locked gate on it.

Just what I'm thinking as I wait for interior paint to dry.

Cory

Great work Neil!

Having followed this build from its inception, I can without a doubt say that it deserves to be in this section. Congratulations and I look forward to seeing your future builds!

Quote Originally Posted by 2003EDGE View Post
    Great work Neil!

Having followed this build from its inception, I can without a doubt say that it deserves to be in this section. Congratulations and I look forward to seeing your future builds!
    Thanks!

Printed some more decals. Eezi Awn rtt, ouray colorado trails to add up to my window and switch to more detailed outline flag on my rear quarter panel.

Absolutely beautiful finishwork. And that IFS has some amazing flex. Congratulations on making Finest. Well deserved.
    If you build it, We will watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodtick72 View Post
    Absolutely beautiful finishwork. And that IFS has some amazing flex. Congratulations on making Finest. Well deserved.
    Thanks!

Took the 4runner with me to the annual turf and surf event at pismo beach ca. Got some nice sunset pics at the ocean.

Beautiful! Love the reflection in the wet sand too

Yeah, great shots! Beautiful stuff!

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast