sbg  

AE Element 2

Thread: Since I just tidied up the garage...

Default Since I just tidied up the garage...

...I figured it was a good time to take some photos of my work area.

Here's our garage, from the viewpoint of where my wife's Explorer is usually parked:

This space is where I do all the "messy" bits of the RC hobby: sawing, drilling, sanding, painting. The hobby stuff has to share space with all the home-improvement stuff we're always doing (including the benches and shelves on the left side, last summer) as well as my ongoing MGB GT project (under the car cover on the far left).

The plywood crate on the workbench is destined to become a downdraft sanding table, so I can work on RC projects without covering the MG in plastic dust.

Moving inside, to my office/study/workshop (I hate the term "man cave")...

"Clutter" is the name of the game here. The room is only about 100 square feet, and I just sort of dumped everything in here 5 years ago when we moved in, and never really organized it.

Random shelves of half-built RC cars everywhere...

...and this big jumble of plastic drawer thingies and tote boxes. All full.

Wow. I really should come up with an organization system for this room.

I love seeing other peoples work spaces, thanks for posting. I love a clean work area, and intend on building a downdraft table as well to keep things tidy.

Downdraft sanding thingy is the way to go. I built one last year.
    SBG Junior Vice President in Charge of Jerps

I got a good start on the downdraft table the other day. Still needs some sealing up:

It feels like it pulls evenly across the surface, even without sealing the edges, but weakly. I don't think my crappy old 1.25hp thrift-store shop vac is going to be up to the task. Might have to upgrade.