sbg  

AE Element
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: MrCommaD learns 3D Printing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlingFinn View Post
    Amazing attention to detail. Wonderful

Just out of curiosity, how much hours do you approximately put in designing one engine? I'm mechanical engineer and it interests me as that's really impressive level of detail. Do you use pictures as reference or do you have access to blueprints of the engines?

Fusion 360 is really good choice. It has pretty much all functions of a professional 3D design software, it's relatively cheap and there are ton of good tutorials available.
    Thank you very much.

The number of hours vary, but on average there are well over a hundred hours in each one of my engine designs. Used to be a lot more as I am self taught on CAD. I only started teaching myself just over a year ago.

As for reference, I use photos I find via Google images. Lol if I could find blueprints it would probably help speed up my design time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AGE is a MATTER of MIND
    As long as YOU DON'T MIND, it DOESN'T MATTER

No longer a rendering. Really pleased with how the finished product turned out.

AGE is a MATTER of MIND

Quote Originally Posted by MrCommaD View Post
    Thank you very much.

The number of hours vary, but on average there are well over a hundred hours in each one of my engine designs. Used to be a lot more as I am self taught on CAD. I only started teaching myself just over a year ago.

As for reference, I use photos I find via Google images. Lol if I could find blueprints it would probably help speed up my design time.

The fact that you use pictures and estimate dimensions etc. and you have been 3D modeling only for a year makes this work even more amazing, if possible. Huge respect, keep it up!

Got some pictures of your ar44 coil spring perch mounted?

I have been slacking on forums lately. I apologize. I need to get back to posting and reading here more. So much inspiration and talent!!!

I have been busy designing!

T-22re

T-2F

Big Block Zoomy

And more to come!

AGE is a MATTER of MIND

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345