sbg  

AE Element 2
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 1950's Retro Gas Station

Incredible! Excellent Engineering!

Quote Originally Posted by delux View Post
    Can I drive over it too?!
    Anytime Got some video, but need time to edit and upload.

Quote Originally Posted by ToyRCota88 View Post
    Incredible! Excellent Engineering!
    Thanks. Not difficult to make though. And I did it the hard way, cutting all those little cross-sections to size for the tracks.

Speaking of which, I've yet to set the whole thing back up. I actually have the space Been in Germany for almost two weeks now and, well, mind blown. We're 200 metres from the forest, so endless tiny truck trails...

Best of all though is I have the space to keep the gas station set up permanently. I have an entire room for RC, all to myself!!

It's a mess, and at this point I've just unpacked all the things and chucked stuff into corners. Still need to set it up the way I want. Here's the other side of the room -

So there will be lots more to come in this thread I'm super keen to build out the inside of the garage to make it into a good backdrop for photos.

It looks like you're well on the way to having a very cool toy room! I love seeing scale work spaces..
    Last edited by delux; 02-28-2018 at 12:38 AM.
    TEAM RC4WD TEAM KNIGHT CUSTOMS SBG MODERATOR

It looks like you're well on the way to having a very cool toy room! I love seeing scale work spaces..
    I have the space, and I have things to put into the space. I just need to get the arrangement right Have a few inspiration pics in a Pintrest folder, which contain elements I like. Need to bring it all together...

And like you, I love seeing scale work spaces

That bicycle seems to be missing the part that make it bi..
    TEAM RC4WD TEAM KNIGHT CUSTOMS SBG MODERATOR

Man this is some nice wood working. Pretty sure I'm gonna be building myself a garage soon to for displaying some trucks. That ramp is sweet.

Deric

That bicycle seems to be missing the part that make it bi..
    Yeah I went through a phase with that non-bi-cycle. It started when I was 18. Not sure when it's going to end

Quote Originally Posted by Deric View Post
    Man this is some nice wood working. Pretty sure I'm gonna be building myself a garage soon to for displaying some trucks. That ramp is sweet.

Deric
    Thanks Deric. Wood work isn't all that really. Much of the stuff I do that people seem to like is the amount of effort I give something. Which is easy to put in when you're enjoying it...

Looked at Carl's Dad's pictures, and that motivated me to get mine done. I pained it just before I moved here 6 months ago, but never posted photos of that, so here it is, painted:

Spent a couple hours on that porch roof this afternoon, because I never did fix the supports in. Also primed the porch roof and supports. Didn't bring the paint over from London so I need to order new paint and repaint all of it. Here's the new scheme:

● Light gray for the walls
    ● Beige gray for the edges/highlights
    ● Iron gray for the roof

Which is much more in keeping with the inspiration diorama I based the design of my gas station on (Red Oak Station that Chuck Doan did in 2005).

More when the new paint arrives.

Such a cool project. It looks really great all painted up.
    -Jeff
    Mod19RC Shapeways Store
    IG: @RexRacer19

Very nice... I'll be watching.

Quote Originally Posted by RexRacer19 View Post
    Such a cool project. It looks really great all painted up.
    Thanks Jeff. The paint arrived today so I started painting. Unfortunately while being paint for wood it's not the same water-soluble stuff I used last time, so drying is taking ages, and cleaning requires a chemistry set.

Anyway color looks like the old one, unless you have old and new next to each other. The new color's way better!! Also expecting the beige to look a lot better than the olive drab.

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    Very nice... I'll be watching.
    Thanks. Want to get this done now

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast