sbg  

RPP UMG
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metal working with Wrencher.

Default Metal working with Wrencher.

Hey guys.

I get a lot of questions and inquiries about working with metal. Shaping, bending, welding, brazing etc. So what I have been thinking about for a while now was to do a video showing some of the stuff I do to make my bumpers and so on. What I am going to do is make a few videos to show some of the tools and process that I use. Now please keep I mind this is not going to be a 5 min video to show how to weld or braze. There is a lot to cover. I also want you to keep in mind that I have been working with metal for a lot of years and most of this takes a bunch of practice to get decent or good results. I am also not a professional welder or millwright. what I am going to show is the way I have learned to do things that work for me. practice is the key to doing this. Do not get discouraged. Keep trying till you get it figured out.

I would like others to ask questions if I leave something out, or am not clear on something. I would also like to encourage others to chime in and share there experiences and tips and tricks.

Now a few disclaimers to make.

1st I am not a video or tech guy. I have no idea about scripting, filming or lighting. I do not have anything other than a gopro hero to film with. Sorry if it is not exciting or it seems like I am rambling, but I am trying to do my best to help people. also sorry if the sound sucks but best I can do. turn your volume up please.

2nd I am not a scientist. I do not have metallurgical details and do not know exact temps or chemical composition of things. Sorry if I make mistakes in here.

3rd warning is that the first video is long (48min) but It covers a lot of stuff. grab a drink and sit back and relax.

Part 2.

Much shorter but we actually get to join some metal together.

part 3 is about some design ideas and cleaning It up

Part 4 - makin shock hoops

Last edited by Wrencher; 11-06-2017 at 02:09 PM.

that is very good vid on showing the how too's
    good idea

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Dave holio View Post
    that is very good vid on showing the how too's
    good idea
    thanks I hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by Deric View Post
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Thank you
    your welcome.

I have put part 2 of video in the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrencher View Post
    thanks I hope it helps

your welcome.

I have put part 2 of video in the first post.
    I think it will help a lot the guys who are willing and patient enough to do there own style of bar work
    Eg:

Sent from LV-426

Part 3 added to first post.

Helps a Million, mister. Thanks!
    One thing thouh; You say you use steel brakeline.
    Do you mean steel as in corbon steel?
    Over here in Holland all I can find is copper or CuNiFer (Copper/Nickle/iron blend). The first is obviously to soft, the latter might do the trick.

just wodering, I'll give this stuff a try anyway.

This is amazing. I've been looking for something like this for quite some time. Thank you for all your hard work. Quick question, do you plan to cover brazing at all?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wouterb View Post
    Helps a Million, mister. Thanks!
    One thing thouh; You say you use steel brakeline.
    Do you mean steel as in corbon steel?
    Over here in Holland all I can find is copper or CuNiFer (Copper/Nickle/iron blend). The first is obviously to soft, the latter might do the trick.

just wodering, I'll give this stuff a try anyway.
    In the UK I use 3/16" steel bundy tube which is essentially the same as steel brakeline.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mechanic View Post
    This is amazing. I've been looking for something like this for quite some time. Thank you for all your hard work. Quick question, do you plan to cover brazing at all?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Your welcome. I am not sure on the actual brazing with oxy acetylene. I don't really use it for rc stuff. It is not something I have been able to get to work on fine detail work.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteAttryde View Post
    In the UK I use 3/16" steel bundy tube which is essentially the same as steel brakeline.
    That sounds like about the right stuff. I am not sure what the actual blend of metal is it is a pretty soft and mild steel tubing used to make brake lines on real cars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast