sbg  

RPP Associated
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bruder ConversionS

With the Bruder D4 conversion almost finished, I've started the Leibherre 574 front end loader conversion. First, before I start to post that, here's a few pics of the cat D4 with it's 1:1 counterpart.

20171125_125250 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

20171125_125334 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

20171125_125535 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

As promised, now I'll start the posting about the Bruder Liebherre conversion.
    unnamed (79) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

This conversion was previously done by Stein. If I remember right, he's an active member on this forum. I made the 3D print parts that he has designed & open sourced them. Once they were printed, I began putting my twist to this conversion.

I disassembled the model, & began the process.

I added weight into the wheels. More weight=more traction=bigger scoops, I HOPE! I gave the weighted wheels the special Skeeter treatment like I did the Bruder D4 conversion.

unnamed (11) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

unnamed (12) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

I used 12V 80RPM gear motors for the drivetrain.
    unnamed (13) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Here's a pic of the axle. The green parts are 3D printed.
    unnamed (14) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

The axle was made from Aluminum tubing
    unnamed (21) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

unnamed (22) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

This part WAS green like the other 3D printed parts. I, after it was assembled, decided I wanted to paint it yellow. I covered the wheels with plastic sandwich baggies to prevent over spray on them.

unnamed (23) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

I've broken this post into smaller posts. I HOPE that's alright. If not, admin, please feel free to fix it.
    Some of the pics are out of order from the way they were actually done bu me. Sorry, but I'm dealing with a plethora of pics from this, & other builds.

Stein mounted his Firgelli actuators differently than I. Since I added weight to mine, I mounted mine differently to be tougher with the added stresses of a heavier machine.
    unnamed (40) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Here's a pic of the mounting system I can up with
    unnamed (41) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Underneath the hood, I placed the Sabertooth 2X5 that'll run the electronics for the boom, & bucket.
    unnamed (42) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Here was the FIRST attempt at mounting the rams. The bucket when parallel to the ground was 1.5 inches off the ground. Anyone that's spent time around the 1:1 versions knows this WON'T work for scooping up materials.
    unnamed (39) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

I later moved the mounting points, & changed the angle of the actuators. They now sit almost parallel with the the ground when the bucket is lowered. UNFORTUNATELY, when the boom is lowered the bucket will NOT tip forward past being level with the ground. I'll take this problem, over the first problem that I had.

The Sabertooth 2X12 ESC will control the 4 drive motors. I found on www.thingiverse.com a case for it, & 3D printed it. The case was made more of a type to be bolted down around the esc to hold it there. I made a few mods to it, with the dremel tool. This will float loosely in the inside of the body.
    unnamed (62) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

unnamed (63) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

unnamed (63) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

I had to make some adjustments to the hood to be able to run the Sabertooth 2X5 where I wanted to.
    unnamed (65) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Hope to have more vids done soon. Up next will be a Bruder skidsteer conversion.

Video of the Bruder D4 conversion....HOPEFULLY, if I posted the link correctly!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPp71u7zIqY&t=96s

Here's a lil vid of the Bruder Skidsteer conversion. The bucket curl servo is the weak link of this build. I wish I'd used a stronger servo for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L759igyseM

Here's a few pics of the Bruder Skidsteer build

unnamed (67) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

unnamed (69) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

unnamed (68) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

unnamed (70) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

unnamed (71) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast