sbg  

RPP UMG
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LSXGMC' Axial SMT10 Grave Digger

Default LSXGMC' Axial SMT10 Grave Digger

Since I have two pretty intensive builds going on I wanted something I could rip around the yard with. I had a Bomber in the past and just didn't find it useful to me, which is odd because if there's a Jack-of-all-trades in the RC world, you'd be hard pressed to find something better than the Bomber.

I've always loved Monster Trucks and decided I'd pick up an Axial SMT10 Grave Digger. For $400 CAD, RTR, it felt like I couldn't go wrong.

I've got SSD transmission gears in the mail and have already added Axial HD diff gears (UD) in both axles, switched out the ESC to a Hobbywing Quicrun WP 1080, the motor to a Traxxas Titan 21T 550, and the servo to a Savox SA1231SG. I picked up an additional receiver for my Futaba 4PLS as well. Brushed should be fine for now and the speed is scale.

My favourite change was adding JConcepts Firestorm tires on their Tribute wheels. I painted the planetary covers black for a more scale look as well, and am pumped how this quick, budget build turned out!

Next I want to add red LEDs to the headlights and make a skull flag for the rear. I also picked up some 8-32 all thread, brake line, and Revo rod ends to potentially make up some custom links and tighten up the rear wheelbase a bit.

I ordered a set of the JConcepts beadlock rings from Shapeways to add to the scale look of this truck.

Painted the beadlock hardware to make them stand out.

Rings installed. Fitment was perfect!

Sweet! I think the Tribute and Firestorm combo is surely the best looking by far. I've tried the Renegade and Tribute combo as well as the Proline and none of those even come close looks wise. I love the handling of the truck with the Firestorms as well. It bounces around like a monster truck should.

You don't do bad builds that's for sure. Everything you build is nice.

Do you have any running video with the Titan motor?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
    Sweet! I think the Tribute and Firestorm combo is surely the best looking by far. I've tried the Renegade and Tribute combo as well as the Proline and none of those even come close looks wise. I love the handling of the truck with the Firestorms as well. It bounces around like a monster truck should.

You don't do bad builds that's for sure. Everything you build is nice.

Do you have any running video with the Titan motor?
    Thanks for the kind words. I read quite a few build threads to find the right wheel/tire combo, and I fell in love with this one. Looks so good! I personally think Proline's offerings look horrible. The Renegades look cool, but still not as good as the Firestorms.

I actually haven't had a chance to run this truck yet, but it's on tomorrow's agenda and I'm pumped!

It drives me nuts that these trucks use trailing arms so I started making some links this morning using threaded rod, brake line and Revo rod ends. I also relocated the shocks to the axle in an upright position. Much better!

Love it. I'm trying not to buy one of these...but you're not helping. Ha

Quote Originally Posted by ShopGTR View Post
    Love it. I'm trying not to buy one of these...but you're not helping. Ha
    LOL, I held off for as long as I could, but now that I have one I'm not sure why. This thing is fun, simple as that. It's a blast to drive, it looks badass, and is a slo-mo video king!

For the price, zero regrets.

SO LET'S SEE SOME VIDEO THEN!
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    SO LET'S SEE SOME VIDEO THEN!
    Working on it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast