sbg  

AE Element 2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mog II (Mogenstien)

Quote Originally Posted by DougJ View Post
    I am loving how this is turning out! All the metalwork looks awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halme View Post
    Such fine build! Fab work is just gorgeous. Its funny how the layers of the printed stuff can hardly be seen in person but somehow pop up when taking photos. Good work with the putty on the body and oh those details.. This is a sweet Mog with plenty of attitude!
    Quote Originally Posted by generis View Post
    Looks amazing! Love the engine bay detail, and the hidden ESC!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawler Addict View Post
    Holy crap this mog is bad ass!!!
    Thanks folks, I should have a another update by the end of today, as I have been doing little bits and pieces over the last couple of days.

Been doing little bits now and then, since the last update, I may actually get the electrics hooked up tomorrow which will be a nice mile stone reached.

Anyway, heres some pictures of the progress from the last few days.

Went auto box when the straight six was fitted (still needs a couple of other levers making and fitting and some switches for the airlockers.)

Fuel tank (both winch esc's fit inside),

The eagle eyed will also spot that the exhaust is the one that was fitted to Mog I

mounted the spare using bungie cord as it secures the battery box lid too.

The rear axle is fitted and detailed also mounted the rear lights,

rear brake lines,

airlocker feed,

axle breather,

Finally also added a few more details up front, fresh air vents, bonnet hold down and a couple of decals.

Like I said above tomorrow may be an electrics day or it might not
    Last edited by PeteAttryde; 08-30-2017 at 05:05 PM. Reason: added missing pictures

Yay wiring. Trying to keep as much as possible hidden.

going to make a simple cover for this lot so that when the engine cover is removed the wires don't show.

So the majority of the wiring is done, just need to install a Deans connector and all the LED's, and then set the radio up to operate everything. Then I can finish up detailing the front axle and make a dash and an engine cover, finish making the servo winch for the front and install it, oh and make a second door plus a whole load of bits I have forgotten and it will be done.

Slowly, slowly catchy monkey

More done,

Dash is in and secure.

Accelerator and brake pedals, plus hand brake.

engine cover also done.

Printed and painted a box to hide the light controls as I ran out of room in the other electronics boxes secured with a couple of bungees so I can get in if I need to, I can also get to the ESC cable via here should I need to plug it in to the castle link.

Waffle boards also secured again with bungees.

fake battery and tray installed to hide the servo (which I have had to swap to a low profile one to gain some clearance at full lock).

Last for today, the front winch is now sorted, had to abandon the servo winch idea as it ended up hitting the sump, in the end I have pinched the winch off the front of the portal jerp and slightly modified it to sit in here. Also got a pair of spot lights fitted and wired up.

yes, lights are at an angle I couldn't get the brackets to sit right and gave up trying .

I also have the front axle off so I can fit the other brake caliper and some other small details. I did manage to check that the drivetrain and motor works as does the steering, I just need to program the handset and then set up the winch ESC's, the steering wheel servo and the switching for the spot lights.

Thanks as ever for taking an interest, should have another update tomorrow.

Another day int shed and the Mog is very nearly done, I need to hide the lighting battery pack, make a second door and the rear winch fairlead and figure out the programming in the radio to allow the steering wheel to turn.

I fitted some new front shocks today whilst refitting the front axle, they are 90mm G-Made RSD shocks, these are aluminium bodied and seem to be nice and smooth in operation. I have fitted them upside down as it raised the spring above the height of the tire and stopped it rubbing at full lock.

One last picture today, as I am really pleased with how the under bonnet looks now it's all done.

Tomorrow will mostly be overhauling the Portal jerps drive pins and may be fitting a new motor to the MAZ. plus I tiny little bit of fettling of the Mog.

What a great thingy you have built here! It's MogTastic! Really well done sir!

Quote Originally Posted by generis View Post
    What a great thingy you have built here! It's MogTastic! Really well done sir!
    Why thank you Sir. As thingy's go I am rather pleased with this one.

managed a very short video (between rain showers) just to prove it does actually move under it's own power.

Sadly it's not looking quite so good after the first test run last weekend, I did manage to get enough run time before disaster struck to know what needs changing to make it work better, I do now also need to repair the cab and see if I can straighten part of the rear cage after a rather large roll down a steep rocky slope slightly redesigned them for me.

It is interesting to see how the cab cracked as when I printed it I didn't know that my printer was running about 20C under temperature and therfore the layers haven't bonded as well as they should have. I have since altered the printer and have better temperature monitoring in place, so if I have time I may just print a new cab and move all the details across rather than repairing this one.

So the repair has begun

I have glued all the parts, that I had, back together and it's not looking so bad. I need to print a new vent for the drivers side and fill a couple of sections on the front, then it's just some sanding, filling, masking and painting. just hope the weather stays warm and dry enough to get it done before the UK Nationals.

I am going to leave the cage with a bend in it as it will be tricky to straighten, here are a couple of shots of the damage.

More soon........

All back together and actually finshed. Got the second door done today, so thats this ready for the UK Scale Nationals in a couple of weeks time.

Lets see what carnage occurs at the Nats which has a reputation for being a hard body killer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123