sbg  

LockedUp RC
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mog II (Mogenstien)

I didn't really like the look of the front of the engine with the twin cam pulleys, so today I have removed the cam pulleys made a belt tensioner and rerouted the drive belt, now much happier with the overall look, plus its easier to pull the head.

I also got the front bumper put together, it has a mount built in for a servo winch and should nicely protect the steering linkages.

Tomorrow should see the rear metal work finished and then I can paint the chassis, and move on to the interior.

Another day and more progress, got the final bits of metal work done at the rear and started cladding the tray and making the battery tray and cover.

Also got the last under bonnet details done, just need to work out how to secure the bonnet.

More as it happens.

Much detail under the bonnet. Looks great!
    SBG Junior Vice President RC4WDCASTLEGCM

Quote Originally Posted by PeteAttryde View Post
    just need to work out how to secure the bonnet.
    Looks like a job for your friendly neighbourhood nylon aileron hinges (Ebay UK search result). Smaller hinges were lower down the page, or you could cut up one of the bigger ones. Be aware some come without hardware, although you could just Shoe Goo it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourth Protocol View Post
    Looks like a job for your friendly neighbourhood nylon aileron hinges (Ebay UK search result). Smaller hinges were lower down the page, or you could cut up one of the bigger ones. Be aware some come without hardware, although you could just Shoe Goo it.
    Thank you sir, as you will see in the update that follows this I made my own hinges in the end.

Few bits done over the last couple of days, got the rear sway/antiroll bar worked out and the chassis bracket's installed, tidied up a couple minor bits and bobs on the chassis and then painted it.

also figured out some hinges for the bonnet, just need to make a catch of some kind to keep it closed, but I am waiting for the epoxy to dry on the hinges before I do that.

They arn't the most elegant of things but they work well enough.

So tomorrow I can make a bonnet catch, then make a start on the dash and engine/trans cover, and remove and paint all the links. I think the light at the end of the tunnel is becoming visable

Today didn't go in the direction I intended, but I still made good progress and have actually improved my motivation to get the build completed

Put the trans and motor back in should be the last time it goes in, until I service it, also began the wiring up, well connected the motor to the ESC and made sure it all fit in the engine.

Then kind of went off at a tangent, took all the links of the front axle and primed and painted them. Whilst doing this I ended up seeing if I can fit a fake caliper to the portal box and have it match up to the disc that is the wheel hub. Happy to report I can and on one side at least I have

The calipers will be getting a coat of red paint as I really don't like the anodised red finish.

With all the front axle links painted and dry, I reassembled the front axle on to the chassis and checked all the clearances, to find I needed to cut about 10mm of each end of the front bumper ::rolleye that will teach me to make a bumper with the axle not attached

Took some pictures of it with the front end self supporting (placed a wheel in approximately the right position for the rear axle).

lastly for today I got the winch mounted in the bed, just need to make a fairlead for it and then I can put the rope on.

Probably not going to get much done this weekend as it's The Gold Cup @ Oulton park this weekend so I shall be out taking far to many photo's of old cars.

I am loving how this is turning out! All the metalwork looks awesome.

Such fine build! Fab work is just gorgeous. Its funny how the layers of the printed stuff can hardly be seen in person but somehow pop up when taking photos. Good work with the putty on the body and oh those details.. This is a sweet Mog with plenty of attitude!

Looks amazing! Love the engine bay detail, and the hidden ESC!

Holy crap this mog is bad ass!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast