sbg  

RPP UMG
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BadWagon's Monster Pickle | SMT10

Default BadWagon's Monster Pickle | SMT10

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo when I was in California I bought a not so tiny turk and brought it home with me.

Remy isn't sold on whatever is in the box. He's nervous, and he should be...

In the box?

Another box, with colors and pictures.

Holy crap, this thing is huge.

Monster Truck...

Yeah so I tore the axles and tranny down, added locktite and let it rip. Let me tell ya, outta the box this truck is..... slow.

But still fun! I put the 16T pinion on and it gave it a little more pep on 3s, but still not amazing.

So many of the threads I've read talk about all the stuff people have broken on these trucks so I was nervous. I wasn't sure if I should put big power to this rig.

So I decided to put my AX2 2speed trans, MMP and Pro4 setup in it, drop the truck down via the upper holes and see what would happen.

I yanked the grave digger stickers off the truck, bolted on the big blower. Looking better.

So scale (for a RTR monster truck)

Shock adjustment

Powa

Yes the 2-speed fits with a full size servo

Took it out and beat on it...

It's amazing.

I can't express how much fun this truck is. It really is. I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I am. With the brushless system on 3s it's fast, but not stupid fast. It jumps very well and acts like a full size monster truck. Bouncing off of the rear wheels and somehow finding all four and just keeps going.

The next day I swapped a Wraith trans with metal gears in as I didn't need two speeds. I also put a 16T pinion in, and it's perfect.

I've put at least 10 packs through it and no major failures. We spent one night with plenty of adult beverages beating on this truck for two full packs, and the only breakage was the servo saver. I threw a Tamiya servo saver on and was back at it the next day.

When I say we were beating on it, I mean we were bouncing it off of rocks doing back flips, twists, jumps, doughnuts, just pure redneck. It was awesome.

I will say that you've gotta stay on top of the wheel nuts as they come loose quickly. Besides that this thing is a beast. My boys love it. I have no issues handing them the remote.

Most of my RCs are either vintage, or scalers. I don't really have any bashers that are easy and cheap to fix. This truck fills a gap that is almost a release of the Uber concentration and concern I have for my scalers and vintage RCs. I can just beat on this truck, and it takes it. Plus, it's puts an instant smile on your face.

Yes it's gonna get some love, I'll make it unique and cool, but it must stay a basher. That's part of the appeal.

If you've been thinking about picking one of these up, do it. You'll be happy you did.

Here's a very crappy video shot and edited on a potato. But I think you'll get the idea...

http://youtu.be/U42-y983pig

I don't know what's going on with YouTube. These were shot in slow mo and somehow YT is having a hard time with the time code.

When I get back from the mountains I'll edit these properly on my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by BadWagon View Post
    If you've been thinking about picking one of these up, do it. You'll be happy you did.
    No please don't tempt me.. I'm a weak soul and in horrible monster fever. Almost bought a Clod kit but stayed strong!

I begrudgingly admit that I want one.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by Halme View Post
    No please don't tempt me.. I'm a weak soul and in horrible monster fever. Almost bought a Clod kit but stayed strong!
    Oh you should be tempted... and placing an order for one of these bad boys. I honestly can't express how much fun this truck is. It's the best dumb redneck stupid braaaaaaaap RC I've ever owned.

The freedom of seeing it flip, roll and just staying deep in the throttle, without a care in the world is priceless. It's my therapy from driving the scalers.

Besides... I think I've come up with a great theme for this truck. Should be a hoot.

Haha I was so close to buying one as I'm a Digger fan at heart. I used to have a Parma Digger body on a Losi JrT years ago. I'm resurrecting an Axial Wraith to make a beater because I completely agree on the need for something to have stupid fun with. Very cool and look forward to seeing your changes to it.

Cory

Quote Originally Posted by ShopGTR View Post
    Haha I was so close to buying one as I'm a Digger fan at heart. I used to have a Parma Digger body on a Losi JrT years ago. I'm resurrecting an Axial Wraith to make a beater because I completely agree on the need for something to have stupid fun with. Very cool and look forward to seeing your changes to it.

Cory
    Cory,

Build a monster truck outta that wraith. LOL

It looks like I'm going to be converting my wraith into another monster truck for my 9 year old,he just can't get enough. It's not high in my priority list, but I think it'll happen at some point. The take off parts often come up pretty cheap.

I'm "BroDozering" the Wraith. I'll post a couple pictures later when paint is a bit more dry.

Quote Originally Posted by ShopGTR View Post
    I'm "BroDozering" the Wraith. I'll post a couple pictures later when paint is a bit more dry.
    Diesel Brothers BroDozer? LMAO, the thought has crossed my mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast