sbg  

Pro-Line
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast

Thread: M548 tracked vehicle - Cooper

First trial of the setup on 3s. It's so good when things work at first try. Unfortunately, the gearbox it's too fast(33:1,actually), I've already ordered a slower one. The only bad thing was that the bores on the gears are a bit off center, that's why it sounds that way

Tracked vehicles take such a strong a place in my heart. Great build, enjoyed every page. Hope to see more progress and vids!

Quote Originally Posted by luxarsKetch View Post
    Tracked vehicles take such a strong a place in my heart. Great build, enjoyed every page. Hope to see more progress and vids!
    Thanks for the kind words and to bear all these pages. Tracked vehicles, always wanted one. Maybe I should had bought one but fortunately, this one has been accomplished. Recomend everyone to try one, so much fun

Don't you just hate when you go on the local junkyard get replacements for your 60's tracked truck and they even got the right color?

Seriously,this one was printed on PETG instead of PLA. The odd color was on sale at the time. It will be painted OD anyway

Good news everybody!

Things have been quiet but I'm working on the new transmission as parts arrive.

The test 33:1 gearbox was been replaced by twin 56:1 gearboxes and got the right pinions so was a matter of making the shafts, spacers and assembling everything

The transmission structure will be replaced by a V2 version that fits better on the hull

I thought the truck would be ready by now but I've had a few setbacks. For now, I can show you the drivetrain working outside the m548
    It's not a feat of engineering but I'm pretty happy with it. The old one was loud

That's awesome man keep it up

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    I thought the truck would be ready by now but I've had a few setbacks. For now, I can show you the drivetrain working outside the m548
    It's not a feat of engineering but I'm pretty happy with it. The old one was loud

The setbacks were about parts availability, because the engeneering is all there! Congrats my friend! :D

Quote Originally Posted by snapon12 View Post
    That's awesome man keep it up
    Thanks! I'll try to improve the looks now because there's not much else to do

Quote Originally Posted by TheGamer View Post
    The setbacks were about parts availability, because the engineering is all there! Congrats my friend! :D

Yes,it was like the Unimog all over again. Must do simple trucks from now on :p . Next time we'll trail together, you can try this improved version

there it is,assembled and working. Just need a cover to reduce some noise and prevent that some LED wires don't get caught on the gears. The electronics are not in place because I'm about to take everything out to paint the hull

There's some video.Sorry about the background but I can't go to the woods right now

Dollhouse stuff:

Thought that the operator needed some goggles for his helmet. The first idea was to scratchbuild everything but my Dremel broke so I've copied the goggles' frame from the real army model and 3d printed it.The lens are from a bit of clear package plastic and the strap is a strip of bicycle inner tube

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast