sbg  

GearHead

Thread: Has anyone got some suggestions for tire lettering?

Default Has anyone got some suggestions for tire lettering?

I've been using a paint pen to make the lettering stand out better on my BFG's from the SCX10.2 kit, and I love the look. Very scale looking, but the only thing is it seems to rub off far too easily, and it's messy to apply it. I haven't run it at all since I got it last September, and yet I've still had to top up the lettering once a week. Does anybody have a more permanent solution?

Sharpie makes oil-based paint pens, have you tried those? Dry time is longer, but may hold up better.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

I have used Artline paint pens they work ok even use them on my 1:1 & you can get a super fine tip.5mm good for the fiddley stuff:

I found these a few years ago through a drift car friend, and I bought several for my drift cars.

They are meant more for the plastic drift tires, but I put a couple on some 1.9 RC4WD tires I have and they've held up, but if you're out flexing and compressing and all that good stuff, I doubt they'd last. But for display they look terrific.

http://www.miniworksrc.com/product/tire-text-rings

Cory

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    Sharpie makes oil-based paint pens, have you tried those? Dry time is longer, but may hold up better.
    The one I have now is oil-based actually, so it looks like that isn't working. Maybe it's best just to wipe it off and run without them

Quote Originally Posted by mrmat01 View Post
    I have used Artline paint pens they work ok even use them on my 1:1 & you can get a super fine tip.5mm good for the fiddley stuff:
    I might look into them, sounds good!

Quote Originally Posted by ShopGTR View Post
    I found these a few years ago through a drift car friend, and I bought several for my drift cars.

They are meant more for the plastic drift tires, but I put a couple on some 1.9 RC4WD tires I have and they've held up, but if you're out flexing and compressing and all that good stuff, I doubt they'd last. But for display they look terrific.

http://www.miniworksrc.com/product/tire-text-rings

Cory
    The tires I have already have the lettering molded into them, it's just getting them painted which is frustrating me. Thanks though

When i built 1/24 model cars i always used Testors Matt white paint and brushed on at least 2 coats. I never had a issue with them once dry and couldn't scrub the paint when i tried
    Also know as The Scale Builder on Facebook and Instagram