sbg  

RPP Associated
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mog II

Not had much chance to progress this due to finishing off the Maz. However over the last week or so I have been playing with Sketchup again and now have a printable and correctly scaled chassis, I have had to split it into two pieces to allow me to get it on the print bed, I also need to model the front shock mounts but I am going to do them as a separate part to by glued on at a later date, as this will allow me to adjust their position to suit the axle position.

I will probably get a chance to start printing at the weekend,

so until then thanks for stopping by.

Got both parts of the chassis printed over the last couple of days and then bonded them together. The print went well although I need to revisit the rear body mounts as they ended up to thin to work so for now I have chopped them off. I will probably reprint just the mounts when I do the front shock mounts.

anyway here are some pictures of the progress.

More soonish.

So cool Pete. Is the plan to leave the chassis printed for the full build? How do you think it will hold up?
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    So cool Pete. Is the plan to leave the chassis printed for the full build? How do you think it will hold up?
    At the moment yes the plan is run the printed chassis, will it hold up? I have no idea in all honesty, but as I will be doing Mog correct torque tube axles and suspension I hope the loadings on the chassis rails should be fairly low. I am going to bond a metal (probably brass) tube in the cross tube at the rear suspension mounts. The current plan is also, if I can work out how to draw it in sketchup, to have a printed roll cage thus keeping the weight down. The hardest part will be making the transfer case mountings strong enough to cope with the suspension loadings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12