sbg  

RPP UMG

Thread: What's the Ultimate Tire Specs?

Default What's the Ultimate Tire Specs?

A poll/discussion designed to find the perfect tiny tire specs.

Post your preferred sizing (including outer diameter, inner diameter, width) and tread pattern style. Please post pictures to back up your comments.

My preference would be a great 4.19, 1.9 or 1.55 C1 tire with a more open tread to clear the mud.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

For me personally I really like the 4" x 1.42" tire height (like rock stompers) but wouldnt mind them being a little bit narrower like 1.28 (MTZ). I feel likes a good mix for not being to tall and not being to small. 1.5 and 1.9 wouldnt mind 1.7 if we end up getting some more wheel options. I think a maxxis trepador in this sizing would be great, the axial ones are big
    Doll House truck builderTeam RC4WDTEAM GCM @MikesRCWorld https://www.youtube.com/mikesrcworld

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
    For me personally I really like the 4" x 1.42" tire height (like rock stompers) but wouldnt mind them being a little bit narrower like 1.28 (MTZ). I feel likes a good mix for not being to tall and not being to small. 1.5 and 1.9 wouldnt mind 1.7 if we end up getting some more wheel options. I think a maxxis trepador in this sizing would be great, the axial ones are big
    Possibly a 4.0" x 1.35, with this type of tread pattern?

Or, closer to a Trep?

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    Possibly a 4.0" x 1.35, with this type of tread pattern?

Or, closer to a Trep?

I would prefer closer to an actual Trep but I am not gonna discourage a good all terrain too. The more selections we have the better. I gotta be honest I also always like my pro comp Xterrains as well, which is a similar pattern to the Treps
    Doll House truck builderTeam RC4WDTEAM GCM @MikesRCWorld https://www.youtube.com/mikesrcworld

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	th.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	14953Click image for larger version. 

Name:	th.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	14953

Nice looking tire, that.

Come on guys, I want/need more input!!

I dont have any picture references but Id love to see another tyre released in a similar size as the 1.55 Mickey Thompson MTZ. So between 3.30" and 3.70" outside diameter. Its the only one thats realistic to what most of us Aussies would run on our trucks
    Last edited by Ryno620; 11-01-2016 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Added info

I'd like more 1.55 options in 90-100mm diameter. There's a million different types of tread patterns for 1.9 but 1.55 isn't quite as diverse. I really like the dimensions of the 1.7 Baja Claw, I'd love more tires that size in 1.55 form.

Something that's kind of hard to describe is the ratio between the tread and diameter. For example, 1.55 Rock Stompers look good on a Hilux because the tread is the right size for what would scale up to be around 37" (or similar). However, if there was a Dirt Grabber in the same diameter, it would look weird on a Hilux because, well, does a 37" All-Terrain even exist? But that same diameter would look good on a bigger body like a Defender or FJ40. You know what I mean?

There is a good variety of decent offroad tires-tyres on the market already. Nothing wrong there and more is always better! Everything is so comp nowadays so I'd like to see some very stock/civil tires come to market too. Wide walls and narrow profile and in 1.55" size. RC4WD Country Road comes quite close in the look what I'm after.

And a very narrow and high vintage tire with white sidewalls is in my dreams everynight.