sbg  

RPP Associated
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tamiya Paint Remover?

Question Tamiya Paint Remover?

hello!

Long story short. Im painting a Proline Hilux (polycarbonate) body with Tamiya Spray Paint. Painted some area by mistake and need to remove that paint. What works? I dont wanna be guessing and/or throwing money out the window or ruining the body.

thanks in advance!

if you painted a section by accident you are pretty much out of luck unless you wipe it off immediately with thinner.

If it really bothers you my advice would be to start over by cleaning the whole body off with brake fluid. it will take off the paint and not harm the body. then you can start again with a clean slate. be sure to wash it very thoroughly with hot soapy water to get all the residue off first.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Masher View Post
    if you painted a section by accident you are pretty much out of luck unless you wipe it off immediately with thinner.

If it really bothers you my advice would be to start over by cleaning the whole body off with brake fluid. it will take off the paint and not harm the body. then you can start again with a clean slate. be sure to wash it very thoroughly with hot soapy water to get all the residue off first.
    thanks!

found a product in my local hobby shop that works! needs some elbow grease but definitely gets the job done!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamifra View Post
    thanks!

found a product in my local hobby shop that works! needs some elbow grease but definitely gets the job done!
    ..and this product is?

Quote Originally Posted by Halme View Post
    ..and this product is?
    im at work right now..let me get home and take a pic of it.. but is a lexan cleaner of some kind

Quote Originally Posted by Jamifra View Post
    im at work right now..let me get home and take a pic of it.. but is a lexan cleaner of some kind
    No hurry! Knowledge bits like this can be sometimes very useful and this is where the classic forum platform is at its best.
    Let us know also if it worked and how. Lexan can be of course painted from outside but I'm sure you figured that out already.

All the best for your build, that body is actually the first lexan body that I'd really like to have.

Hmmmm I'm interested in learning what this product is as well.

Subbed!

applied it directly to the paint..let it sit for a couple of minutes and with a micro fiber rub the surface gently and the paint will come right off without damaging the polycarbonate..enjoy!

Very cool. Thanks so much for sharing! I have no doubt it'll come in handy.

mission accomplished! woohoooo!

ready for paint! :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast