sbg  

AE Element
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Blackfoot RC - Scale Park

Quote Originally Posted by MrCommaD View Post
    Wow it’s coming along very nicely. I can’t wait to come back next year!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It has been a pretty constant evolution this year and is coming along great! Should be lots of new trail and more detail by next year. I personally can't wait to see what you bring next year.

Cheers Dion!

Wow, this park is really getting finer and finer, you did a very good job with the mortar ! Keep up the updates
    Jsscale - GCM team driver

Quote Originally Posted by klako View Post
    Wow, this park is really getting finer and finer, you did a very good job with the mortar ! Keep up the updates
    Thank you for the kind words.

WOW!!

Just read through this...sorry I missed it!

Great work. Great ideas. Looks like a blast to work and play on.

Too bad I'm deep in the heart of Texas otherwise I'd make the trek to this beautiful site.

Quote Originally Posted by ShopGTR View Post
    WOW!!

Just read through this...sorry I missed it!

Great work. Great ideas. Looks like a blast to work and play on.
    Thanks for the compliments. It is pretty fun to play and equally as fun to build. Only keeps getting better too!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by ThatCarGuy View Post
    Too bad I'm deep in the heart of Texas otherwise I'd make the trek to this beautiful site.
    Who knows you may find yourself here one day

It's that time of the year again and we are back at it. We have been hard at it for the past month at the park and have made great progress on the general park area. We share a border to a Rocks and Logs trials bike park and the edge of our park is near their drop down area. It WAS piled with big timbers, tires and other items the use to build their courses. It WAS a huge eyesore. It has been cleaned up and makes our property much more presentable, win win!!

The 1/5 scale track is undergoing some improvements and new fencing, 1/10th/1/8th scale track is ready for curbing and has a temporary drivers stand. Getting there finally!

The scale park itself had suffered a loss over the winter of almost every shrub we planted due to the coldest and longest cold snap we have had in over forty years. Damn you mother nature!! Thankfully 2/3 of what we lost had warranty still.

Enough chatting; time for pictures!!

This will be a continuation on the badlands type theme of last years cement work and border the scale town site. We chose to use Roxul as backer underneath the stucco mesh to reduce the amount of mortar sinking into big voids. The stucco mesh is secured to the ground with large spike nails and washers. Part of what you can see here has already been cemented in, however the rest is covered in plastic and has been for a couple weeks. Damn you mother nature!! I'll take some phots as this progresses, maybe even a couple with the whole area, who knows?

And some rocks, BIG rocks, three dumptruck loads of BIG rock. These will be used mainly for retaining walls and mountainous scale back drop in areas and a trench or two

Anyhoo that's it for know; I'll be sure to keep you all posted!

Some of the big rocks found a new home!

Before

After!

Much, Much better!

Nice! love following the progression of this park!

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyNightmare View Post
    Nice! love following the progression of this park!
    Excellent, glad you are enjoying it!!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910