sbg  

RPP Associated

Thread: turning steering wheel with driver

Default turning steering wheel with driver

I can sort out how to turn the steering wheel no problem, just a Y adapter to the steering signal, but how do people get the driver to turn the wheel as well?

Or do folks typically just get the wheel to turn around in the hands but with the hands stationary?

I can't currently picture how to break this guys arms in a way that would allow him to move in that way without his whole body spinning around with his hands.

even one hand would be good enough, but not if it's just floating and disconnected from his body.

thanks.

I used a jacket that had a long sleeve and disconnected the arm at the shoulder. Couldn't tell it was disconnected and looked pretty good. Never a full opposite lock, but you know... tiny trucks.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

The jacket idea is a good tip, thank you for that. I was starting to think that I had to go with a specific type of action figure that had a LOT more movement available. I think having the right hand turn the wheel while the left is sitting in the window ledge would be a nice realistic look. (that way the funky nature of the arm movement may be masked by the jacket and the fact that it's on the inside of his body.)

One follow up question, how are folks usually attaching the steering wheel to the servo? I have a micro hitec servo and was able to get it mounted up under the dash fine and connected to the steering signal, but spacing on a good way to actually mount the steering wheel to it.

I think I had a screw go right through the steering wheel into the servo.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM