sbg  

GearHead
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Fat Cat Speedster Jag Project

Usually there are two tabs, to choose from url location or computer, maybe you are not set on the correct tab?

Quote Originally Posted by Frederik View Post
    Usually there are two tabs, to choose from url location or computer, maybe you are not set on the correct tab?
    Yes, that was what I was expecting but the second tab wasn't showing this time. I tried with 2 different browsers too and the same result. The second tab to upload from my computer was missing. Hopefully I can get it figured out.

Anyway, here is the update posted on the other site I am on:

http://www.scalemotorcars.com/forum/...nk-heap-5.html

PERFECT!!!!! BRG, the only color it could have been! Such a well executed build, huge kudo's!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joe122 View Post
    PERFECT!!!!! BRG, the only color it could have been! Such a well executed build, huge kudo's!!!
    Thanks Joel! I’ll be renewing my membership so I can upload again and hope to borrow my daughter’s camera to get some decent video too.

I've been trying to post an update for a week but for some reason couldn't upload photos. Now it seems to be working using the basic uploader. I hope to film it in action soon but it has been rather rainy and I've got lots of leaves to clear in the driveway as a result.

I've had a rather busy teaching semester and not had much time to work on this, but I grabbed a bit of time here and there I finished the driver. Guillermo Del Torso is now Armand Chester. I had to cut both him and the seat in half for proper clearance with the new chassis. I also figured out a solution for his hands using a glove cut out in aluminum flashing, painted black and then layered with sticky craft foam. The flashing helps the hands keep their grip and the sticky foam sticks to a painted surface better than bare aluminum. I was using nylon ribbon for seat belts but needed something more sturdy. The closure strips for coffee bags proved to be just the thing.

In addition, I fabricated disc brakes and installed them. I have a license plate mocked up but not installed yet and need to do some finishing work on the windshield but I and close to calling this done. It is lots of fun to drive and I will post a better video than what I shared previously when I get some time off.

My mocked up license, a dedication to Norman Dewis, the test driver on so many of Jaguar's most spectacular cars who passed recently.
    4 DEWIS #2.jpg

Armand in his office.
    IMG_2947.JPG

The sun is going down on this build soon!
    IMG_2945.JPG

Looking fantastic!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112