sbg  

GearHead

Thread: Iron Hide rc4wd rebuild and New axle help

Default Iron Hide rc4wd rebuild and New axle help

Hi needing help with the choice of New axles. I like the SSD diamond axles. Read a lot about them. But would like some real input on a choice.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I've never used them, but his stuff is generally pretty well engineered. They're a little big for my taste, but looks like a big truck you're putting them on.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

I have a set of the Wraith-width diamond axles on my Bomber. They seem to be well made, and the proportions look nice on a wider axle. I have read of a few people cracking the housings on high-powered Yetis, but that shouldn't stop you from buying them for a scaler. If you're looking for a narrower axle (SCX-width), there are now a couple of good axle options with much smaller pumpkins (Ascender and AR44) with more on the way (VP AR44-based Curries, new GCM TM8s, and Mad Moose portals, to name a few). Having run the Ascender and AR44 axles, I can highly recommend both. The others should be excellent, as well. So if you're going for a narrower scale look, I'd suggest one of those. Hope that helps.
    BowHouse RC, Helios RC, GCM #tinytruck Team