sbg  

AE Element

Thread: SCX10 II Transmission Flip by BowHouse RC

Default SCX10 II Transmission Flip by BowHouse RC

We love the SCX10 II. We really do. But the transmission is backwards:
    DSC00412.jpg

So we decided to fix that. We knew that some people would want to run massive stick packs (we do it sometimes). And we didn't want to mess up the kit's great balance (it really drives well box stock). We also know that some people want to keep the stock receiver box intact. So we came up with these:
    Cradle preview.jpg

Long servo-battery tray preview.jpg

Short battery tray preview.jpg

Spacer preview.jpg

Which let you do this:
    DSC00828.jpg

DSC00792.jpg

DSC01076.jpg

DSC01075.jpg

Our spacer fits nicely between the side plate and chassis rail so that you can keep the stock receiver box after the flip:
    DSC01083.jpg

The long version of our tray includes plenty of room for big packs like this Helios RC 5200 mAh 3S pack:
    DSC00765.jpg

DSC00766.jpg

The short version is available if you plan to run a smaller body without giant packs (although the lip at the end can be easily trimmed to accommodate longer packs). Both long and short are available as a battery tray only, which must be paired with the stock steering servo mount, or as a one-piece battery tray and servo mount.

The impact on weight distribution is minimal. Without a battery pack installed, weight distribution remains very close to 50/50, and all of the heavy stuff stays inside the chassis rails. The flip also opens up tons of room in the rear for full-depth interiors, flat-beds, you name it.

The tranny flip will eliminate the stock servo winch mounting position, and we know that some folks will want to run a servo winch without having to fab their own mounts (in fact, a few people keep reminding us of that...). But fear not. We're working on it and hope to have our solution within a few short weeks. In the meantime, if you're not planning on running a servo winch or don't mind concocting your own servo winch mount and guides, have at it!

All of the parts are available on our Shapeways store at:
    https://www.shapeways.com/designer/b...-ii-collection
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BowHouse RC, Helios RC, GCM #tinytruck Team

Hi I just bought this kit and realized I have the updated trans of the scx10 ii / Builders kit,which is the old stock one.will this kit still work ? or do I need and new skid plate with the mount holes on the other side? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by TROPIX View Post
    Hi I just bought this kit and realized I have the updated trans of the scx10 ii / Builders kit,which is the old stock one.will this kit still work ? or do I need and new skid plate with the mount holes on the other side? any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I believe it's a totally different transmission, probably best to either go with the ax10 transmission and put this aside for a different build or pick up a separate ogscx10iikit trans.

ok Shoot....I guess it pays to do your homework first !! or I have to get very creative.Thanks for the info!

Our cradle works with the transmission in the original 10.2 kit, not the 3-gear tranny in the RTR or Scale Builders Kit. Our HD battery tray works in all versions of the 10.2.
    BowHouse RC, Helios RC, GCM #tinytruck Team

I would try to get the Kit Trans, just to be able to do THIS!!

I have the RBK, and flipped the AX style 3 Gear... THIS setup appears to have much more room for an Interior!

Carmine

Thanks ....I was thinking the same thing!