sbg  

AE Element 2

Thread: Introducing BowHouse RC

Default Introducing BowHouse RC

Bowhouse RC logo_black-yellow small.jpg

Big thanks to SBG for adding us as a vendor. We are continually amazed by the work we see here and hope that some of our products can be useful in your builds.

So who is BowHouse RC? Nick (aka Helios RC) and David (aka new2rocks) started BowHouse RC to continue our collaboration that started with something simple last year:
    DSC01170.jpg

DSC01655.jpg

Our little Helios RC/new2rocks skid for the TF2 improved ground clearance at the center skid by over 4mm, eliminating the notorious land anchor without any performance or packaging compromises (it works with the 2-speed or single-speed tranny and still allows a full interior). The response has been so good that we decided to create BowHouse RC to allow us to do more. We've since introduced the transmission flip kit for the SCX10 II and the NC60 axles.

The BowHouse RC design philosophy is simple. We start with function first and foremost. Every product we develop starts with the purpose of improving on an existing design. We rely heavily on 3D scanning, CAD modeling, and rapid prototyping with 3d printers to design all of our parts. And from there, form follows function (hence our name).

For now, all of our products are being sold through our Shapeways store:
    https://www.shapeways.com/designer/bowhouserc

We do this for a couple of reasons. First, using 3D printing to produce parts allows us to bring new products to market much more quickly and cost effectively than we could if we went the route of injection molded plastics. Second, the finish quality and durability of SLS-printed parts from Shapeways are far superior to what currently can be achieved using FDM/FFF home printers.

We'll be posting info about our products in separate threads as we go. In the meantime, thanks again to SBG for the add!
    BowHouse RC, Helios RC, GCM #tinytruck Team

Welcome gents!
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Welcome David and Nick. I need one of those TF2 skids!
    SBG Junior Vice President RC4WDCASTLEGCM

I think I'll be ordering one of those also! How well does the nylon hold up to impacts? My TF2 sees a lot of action.

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    Welcome gents!
    Quote Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
    Welcome David and Nick. I need one of those TF2 skids!
    Thanks, guys. I think we can arrange something for n00b... ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BowHouse RC, Helios RC, GCM #tinytruck Team