sbg  

RPP Associated
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chevy!

Quote Originally Posted by penneyma79 View Post
    That corner is tricky, can't wait to see how you tackle that undercut!

Sent from My Galaxy using the Force
    Yah, I didn't want to use the clay as it may risk damaging Rich's paint job later but I couldn't think of any better way to do it with the limited amount of time I have to work on it. I'll just make sure to clean it real god before I send it back.

the undercut is going to stay like it is. it saves me the hassle of cutting that out after I cast it.

Quote Originally Posted by BadWagon View Post
    This is gonna be epic.
    what would really be epic is having all the different variations like the blazer and suburban!

Ok, once the fender was sectioned off it was time to put the backer on.

this provides the point at which the mold stops.

then I added the sides and that one is ready to pour

time for the silicone mold material.

after it set up I pulled the cab out of the mold and started on the last piece for this body which is the roof.

I kept the filler panel in the back window and added sections to block the rest of the windows.

more tape was added to protect the body and then the backer panels were installed.

finally the sides were added and this one is ready to pour.

And for those that might be interested, I have somewhere north of 15 hours in these 5 molds. Once I get the blazer body i'll be doing this about a dozen more times

Some dawn and a very light touch with a scuff pad or even a scrub sponge in the sink always cleans my stuff fine of contaminants, just let it dry in full! Nice work btw.

This is certainly a labour intensive exercise so many hour just to make the moulds & then you have to make the panels
    Your defiantly a true craftsman & it is a privilege to watch you create

Thanks for sharing

Some dawn and a very light touch with a scuff pad or even a scrub sponge in the sink always cleans my stuff fine of contaminants, just let it dry in full! Nice work btw.

I normally do that but silicone can be tenacious. fully cured it's not an issue but get some of the uncured material in the surface and you can see it permeate the paint and spread. then it's hard to get rid of. I ended up washing it twice, then cleaned the whole thing with alcohol, and washed it twice more.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmat01 View Post
    This is certainly a labour intensive exercise so many hour just to make the moulds & then you have to make the panels
    Your defiantly a true craftsman & it is a privilege to watch you create

Thanks for sharing
    Thanks. then end result is what keep me motivated to push through all the tedious work.

Well I pulled all the molds from the body. left a bit of a mess and gives you an idea of how much sacrificial material is needed in order to make these.

but ultimately the molds came out real nice.

I even did a quick casting of the tailgate.

then did a quick test hit in metal and it came out just like I had hoped.

now it's all packed up and heading back to Rich so he can finish what he started.

Thanks for letting me borrow the body bud!

Awesome!
    Doll House truck builderTeam RC4WDTEAM GCM @MikesRCWorld https://www.youtube.com/mikesrcworld

Dang dude, you work fast! Awesome work as usual. Really happy I could be of some help.
    SBG Junior Vice President RC4WDCASTLEGCM

Your art and craft in nothing but impressive!

Wow!

So, are you both making metal bodies? Did Smiggy get a spare set of resin castings to work from? If a tiny truck leaves Cleveland at two thirty going fifty miles an hour, and another leaves Philadelphia going seventy, will they ever meet in the middle??

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
    Awesome!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
    Dang dude, you work fast! Awesome work as usual. Really happy I could be of some help.
    Thanks! I knew you wanted to get the body back so you could finish it and i only needed to cast the areas you modded

Quote Originally Posted by BigCrawl View Post
    Your art and craft in nothing but impressive!

Wow!
    Thanks but It's just molds. anyone can do these.

So, are you both making metal bodies? Did Smiggy get a spare set of resin castings to work from? If a tiny truck leaves Cleveland at two thirty going fifty miles an hour, and another leaves Philadelphia going seventy, will they ever meet in the middle??

No. i'm the one making the metal bodies. i'm just borrowing Rich's great talent to make molds of for myself. Smiggy will be getting something from me to drive as trade for borrowing the body.

You picked a great talent to work with!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast