ok, after staring at the roof mold for a few weeks I couldn't take it any more and decided to make another one.

This time I decided to remove the doors of the original body to alleviate some clean-up work on final mold



this time I filled the window and door openings with a recess







then continued the mold as usual







with the price of resin and latex going up I try to fill the mold with either cast-off bits on in this case the original roof mold and some wood







the mold came out ok,



but had some imperfections.





the extra filler I used in the silicone mold caused some bubbles that showed up in the final part. no matter, I started cleaning the edges.



and shaping the cowl



then I added some more resin to fill the holes





looks like it never happened!



i'm very happy with the results!