sbg  

AE Element

Thread: Looking for a way to clamp a hard top down???

Default Looking for a way to clamp a hard top down???

Like it says guys. I'm stuck in finding a scale way to strap or clamp down the hard top on my cruiser. I have some pics to show what's in question. I'm up for a latch system or maybe a leather belt like strap.... I don't know. Please help.

Last edited by imthatguy; 04-06-2016 at 03:10 PM. Reason: No advertising.

One thing I did on my tf2 was put set screws in the body posts where you would normally put the screws, then just stretch your body around them

Ethan

I've seen that trick. That's a great one. But I don't want something like that to hold on the hard top. The body mounting is good. Just the hard top.
    Last edited by imthatguy; 04-06-2016 at 03:08 PM. Reason: No advertising.

I saw this on the FB page. What exactly are you trying to do, have it so the top is semi-permanent? Why not just mount it as per the instructions and remove it when you don't want it on?

Velcro wouldn't be strong enough, and everything else I can think of wouldn't be all that aesthetic.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

I want to top easily or some what easily removable. I show pics of clamps that peek my interests.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1692165367732269

I don't know if this helps, but the hood on my Vette ala FIA GT3 build has two means of being held in place. There are some pieces of refrigerator magnets - (you know the ambulance chaser business cards that come attached to the latest edition of the phone directory) for the front edge. They are mounted to the body and a small piece of steel from a discarded windshield wiper blade is on the bottom of the hood. Along the sided I have thin velcro. At places like Home Depot you can get a small roll of thin velcro ties for tying up electrical and computer cables. They are two sided with a hook side and a fuzz side and they hold quite well despite their thinness. They might be just the ticket and they are inexpensive.

Have you considered magnets? You could make any kind of faux strap or clamp you want but rely on the magnets to do the work. They really are quite strong.

I do have some earth magnets... How would I go about faux straps. Any pics out there

https://www.facebook.com/events/1692165367732269

Rc4wd has ratchet straps if your looking for a way to secure it like that

Ethan