sbg  

GearHead

Thread: Will this work??

Default Will this work??

Can anyone tell me if this will work correctly wired like this?

Thanks in advance.

im more racer but why do you need the bec ? do the servo and winch take that much power ?.. also from the bec wire diagrams it looks like you need to disconect the power wire going from the esc to the recever

Quote Originally Posted by Crawler Addict View Post

Can anyone tell me if this will work correctly wired like this?

Thanks in advance.
    Looks good to me, I would be inclined to take the negative from the servo and the winch controller back to the RX as well as the signal wire. It will require you to y into the negative from the BEC. This will help prevent glitching in my experience. The lights will also be on all the time the battery is connected when plugged into the bind socket.

Quote Originally Posted by integra22t View Post
    im more racer but why do you need the bec ? do the servo and winch take that much power ?.. also from the bec wire diagrams it looks like you need to disconect the power wire going from the esc to the recever
    The use of a BEC is generally a good thing as not only can it provide more current for the servo etc generally 5-10 amps rather than the typical 1.5 to 3A for an internal BEC, but also will give the ESC an easier life and help it run cooler as it is not having to cope with the heat generated by the internal BEC especially when running higher voltage batteries.

The removal of the ESC red wire is only needed if the External BEC is going to be plugged directly in to the RX rather than direct to the servo, as in the above diagram.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteAttryde View Post
    Looks good to me, I would be inclined to take the negative from the servo and the winch controller back to the RX as well as the signal wire. It will require you to y into the negative from the BEC. This will help prevent glitching in my experience. The lights will also be on all the time the battery is connected when plugged into the bind socket.
    Thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated. The last thing I want to do is get it all wired up and fry a bunch of expensive electronics. Again thanks, greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Crawler Addict View Post
    Thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated. The last thing I want to do is get it all wired up and fry a bunch of expensive electronics. Again thanks, greatly appreciated
    Did this work out? I'm searching my bottom off to find info about a single BEC powering both a winch and a servo, but this thread is all I've found. I'm surprised that this isn't a better covered topic since so many here run both high powered servos, winches lights and even soundsystems.

EDIT: Just found this wich seems to confirm this is a plan: https://holmeshobbies.com/electronic...ry-output.html