sbg  

RPP UMG

Thread: 57 Chevy gasser

Default 57 Chevy gasser

I picked this up from a builder on eBay based out of Hawaii for my birthday this past summer. Some weeks back I had a chance to swap in some dean's plugs and I broke the modded (narrowed) rear axle instantly... I was pretty bummed, tried to pawn it off, then I decided to work some of talents and fix the damn thing. I ordered up a new Tamiya semi rear axle from semi joes on eBay, built it up, installed new leaf springs, re did the axle wrap bars, used all old school TLT mounts, re mounted the rear shocks in proper location, new drive shaft and it was ready to rock and roll. Got it outside for a test run, and man does it put a big stupid grin on your face listening to the traxxas v8 sound kit. I tried it on 2s first, fun but no wheelies... Then 3s... Was getting little pop-a-wheelies until I heated up the tires that's when it got crazy and basically dragged the rear bumper. End result was awesomeness minus one rear bumper that was left in the road Here are some pics, enjoy !

Doll House truck builderTeam RC4WDTEAM GCM @MikesRCWorld https://www.youtube.com/mikesrcworld

that is so cool!!!

Very cool, I want one......LOL

That is just beautiful, the wheelie pictures are awesome

Sent from somewhere

Very nice! Great job. What chassis did you use; all selfmade? Regards Jens

Isn't that a 1957 Chevy Bel Air? Still, the car looks super scale!!! Love it!!!

That's super nice. Love the stance.