sbg  

Pro-Line

Thread: Winch switch

Default Winch switch

I want to take a 3Racing winch and hook it up to a battery then use a DPDT switch to control Forward/Off/Reverse. Is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Spidubic View Post
    I want to take a 3Racing winch and hook it up to a battery then use a DPDT switch to control Forward/Off/Reverse. Is this possible?
    Anything's possible, but there's so many great winch controllers on the market, would it just be easier to use one that's already proven? Search for HeyOK.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Don't need them to be run from transmitter. Want manual switches on the truck itself.

You can use an old servo electronics. take out the motor in the servo and run the wires to your winch. Connect it to your 3rd or 4th channel.

Don't need them to be run from transmitter. Want manual switches on the truck itself.
    If that's the case, the 3Racing winch controller has a switch built into it! Problem solved!
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Absolutely possible but you will need to make sure you get a switch with a center off position.

Connect the motor wires to the center contacts of the switch and then connect battery wires to the outer terminals, one side the same polarity as the motor wires (ie red to red black to black) and the other side the opposite polarity. Switch one way winch out, switch the other way winch in, switch centre winch off.

HTH.

Thanks PeteAttryde. That is what I am looking for.

Here is a way to do operate a winch with two toggle switches. Why two? The second switch acts as an electric brake to help stop the line from winding out. You could leave it out if you don't need the brake function.

:biggthumpup:HeyOK Performance RC Electronics