sbg  

AE Element 2

Thread: Budhatrain's Monster Trucks

Default Budhatrain's Monster Trucks

I have quite a few trucks but I am just going to post these two for now, they are my more scale builds in this category.

First up is Invader 80's Monster Truck. This is a chassis from a guy within our network. It is using an emaxx dual motor 2 spd transmission setup. TXT-1 axles and a bunch other stuff. You can see that it's leaf sprung with dual shocks... a lot of the older MT's did whatever they could to provide suspension for these things. Most of the time, back then, the chassis were either boxed chassis from regular pickup trucks or chassis from military vehicles. Before the tube chassis of today, a lot of the guys did what ever they could come up with, to keep their trucks from falling a part when they started jumping over vehicles and such.

If this type of information interests you... check this article out about MT suspension

http://www.therangerstation.com/Maga...onstertech.htm

Up second is a tube chassis truck I made up, roughly inspired by a Popular BigFoot truck. I took some artistic liberty but you get the idea. John Boyer did the tube frame... I built the fuel cell, dash and stuff. It's using a Kyosho Twin force chain drive transmission with TXT-1 axles. Later one I added pop caps to a different set of wheels to try to get them looking better.

I do have another tube chassis truck I am working on...

REALLY nice work, Mike! Glad to have you on SBG! This is a great way to tease us with MT pics!

Amazing work! They all look awesome.

Amazing stuff Sir!

I want these

Sent using magic

These things are nuts!

Mike, when you have a moment, see if you can track down some video of one of these in a race that you spoke about at the ECSC.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Here is a video of the Retro Monster Truck Racing... it includes sled pulling, jumping (there is one obstacle that is supposed hold corn to symbolize mud, but they got lazy and didn't include it). It's a lot of fun... trucks have motor, battery and other suspension limitations to mimic Big, Bouncy and Unpredictable old school monster trucks (this format encourages you to go more scale looking). I am excited to see what these guys will do for worlds this year. They are going to do a tugowar, sled pull, timed racing and side-by-side elimination racing and have an overall winner. Sounds promising.

This is a video of our club series racing... these include mainly modified clodbusters. Only thing scaleish would be the bodies and maybe the wheels. The goal of this is to beat the other guy.... fast. It's a fun 8-15 seconds.