sbg  

AE Element
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: DougJ's Trusty Rusty TF2

Love this truck/thread.

Nice collection of stickers/permits you're building up there!

Quote Originally Posted by dagabba View Post
    Love this truck/thread.

Nice collection of stickers/permits you're building up there!
    Thank you kindly! I love the stickers, it's one of my favorite parts. It's always fun finding new things to stick on that tailgate. I try to keep it realistic, with only real-world logos and such.

Alrighty, I'm back! Haven't posted in a long time, mainly because I haven't been driving much. The old truck's been sitting for a few months, but it got to stretch it's legs (tires? axles?) today, finally. I have't raked the trail yet, so it's not ready for photos, but the stream is frozen over, so I got some nice icy photos for you guys. Enjoy!

I 'christened' it almost immediately, of course.

I did get to enjoy a nice 3:00 PM sunset though.

I found some cool ice waterfalls that were fun to slide down.

Not so easy going up though. POWERRRRR!!!

Sadly, my 55 Turns of Fury wasn't enough to overcome basic physics. You win this round, ice!

So, what's in store for 2019? I don't expect much to change on this truck. I like it how it is, and I don't plan on replacing anything unless it breaks. I'm curious how much I can get out of these old tires, so I'm going to run them until I can't, but if/when they give up I might try something else. Maybe 1.55 Rock Beasts, or the RC4WD Interco Ground Hawgs for a more old-school look.

My main RC plans are not related to this truck. My Pajero is sitting on the shelf in need of some new gearbox parts. I might get that running again this year, but I'll need a new set of electronics, so we'll see. The M06 is waiting for some snow to rip around in, and maybe I'll finally get that dang interior I kept saying I would get! The big plan for this year though is to get a Tamiya King Hauler. I've wanted one for ages and I think I can pull that off this year. You'll hear from me when that happens of course.

This truck will be 6 years old in June. Crazy! I can't believe it's been that long. I'm keeping this truck for the rest of my life. It's firmly in the "never sell" category, no doubt. Here's to another year!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213