sbg  

AE Element

Thread: "Building Dioramas" by Chris Mrosko

Default "Building Dioramas" by Chris Mrosko

After seeing several good reviews on this book, I recently purchased it & it arrived today.

I've only flipped through it in the loo so far but it appears to live up to the reviews and has a lot of information that would be beneficial to RC. Painting figure heads & weathering mostly but he presents a lot of techniques to replicate various surfaces with styrene.

The bulk of the book could be divided into two categories: techniques/skills and projects.

Composition & base construction, Figure painting, airbrushing skills, resin casting

and then several specific projects where he describes the techniques he uses to weather, rust, make water, etc.

A lot of useful information on brands of paints, general characteristics, which work well brushing, which work well spraying, how much to thin each brand. He not only covers a lot of different brands of modeling paint but get's into a lot of paints that he uses for special effects that you find at an art store as apposed to a hobby store.

Looks like pretty good stuff. I'll add to this as I work my way through it when I get home from work... hold on... I need to go to the loo again. I'll be in my office if anyone needs me.
    www.wolfcreekrcpark.com

thanks, im looking to build / make a dioramas. I'm looking for as many tips , tricks and hints as I can. Share any important pointers here man I'll be sure to use them!

By the way how much & where can I get the book from/for?

Sounds good, must give it a look.

Quote Originally Posted by ReMiXeDg View Post
    By the way how much & where can I get the book from/for?
    If only there was a place that sold books online! Maybe some day.

Until then there is always this (unheard of) company called Amazon. I wouldn't trust them though, they're new to this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/089024...110_SY165_QL70
    Last edited by pardonmyn00b; 02-14-2015 at 01:50 PM.
    SBG Junior Vice President RC4WDCASTLEGCM