sbg  

RPP UMG

Thread: RC4WD Emu Beast shocker!

Default RC4WD Emu Beast shocker!

Hiya folks,

I've hit a bit of a snag on my 6wd build; the Old Man Emu shocks I've fitted look cool and I really do.t want to have to get rid of them but they are way too soft & bottom out under the weight of the cab which is no good!

I'm off to look at fitting some leaf springs tonight & see how feasible that is.

I'm thinking about stiffer springs &/or thicker shock oil??

Just wondered if anybody has any tips for this sort of stuff?

Most of the stuff I've read is pertinent to making them softer...

Luke

Are you running shock oil at all at this point? They're intended as a scale shock with superior performance over older shocks from RC4WD. Thicker oil and firmer springs is obviously going to help.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

I had a similar issue with an internally sprung shock, went to a local hardware store and found some springs that fit, they were too long so I cut them, and stretched the spring so it has more resistance, worked quite well.

Hiya fellas,

I'm running totally stock at moment so will have to look inside 'em. I'll look into shock oil and springs as the leaf spring idea is a no go without major mods, at least in my book anyway!

I've read that RC4WD sell stiffer springs too but as I'd have to ship them from the USA then I might see of I can fond some in a hardware type shop. Stretching them to further stiffen thems a good idea too.

Cheers

Luke

I think the issue might be to do with the fact that all the weight is on the front shocks as when i put a bit of weight on the rear shocks it extends the front ones so I'll wait until I've finished the building phase to see if more weight at the back helps.