sbg  

AE Element 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help wiring new truck

Default Help wiring new truck

I just recently got a GelandeII and was wondering if anyone would help a guy out with wiring it all up. I have tried to educate myself on the proper way, but I am just getting more confused.

I have an Eiger ESC, CC BEC, Savox servo, and the new RC4WD Warn winch wired controller. I would love some help with how to properly wire these up.

Thanks

Sounds like you've got all the right pieces, where are you getting hung up? What transmitter/receiver are you using?
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Sorry, forgot about the Rx...it's the Spektrum SR301. I would like to run the winch and servo of off the BEC at 7v (or so). Where I am getting hung up is there is some discussion about having to run the black ground wire back to the Rx to eliminate some potential problems with glitching. Some also say to run the Rx from the BEC and only run the motor from the battery.....I am getting real confused on what the best way is.

The black wire is your ground which is the reference and return path for all signals and power, so do keep them all connected. Use the red power wire to choose what gets what power.

The RX should be powered by the ESC as there's no advantage to it having 7V, and even if the SR301 can handle 7V you might swap RXs later on and that one may not, or you might add other electronics such as light controllers or other servos that won't like the 7V.

So, only wire the BEC red wire to the steering servo and winch, and pull out their red wire from their connector to the RX (don't cut them, you may to change back later).

Hope this clears things up.

Richard

Like this...?

I may change this to run only the servo off of the BEC as the winch really doesn't need to be run at 7+ volts.

And I forgot to put in the ESC, but I figured you guys would know that will go between the battery and Rx...

Did you try to post a pic? Cause I can't see one.

Weird....I can see it. I'll try again.

I'm not seeing anything, and no code in your post.

Make sure you're using a Photo hosting site like Photobucket or Imageshack.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast