sbg  

RPP UMG

Thread: My Scale Racers

Default My Scale Racers

In addition to being a scale crawler, I'm also a racer. I've dabbled quite a bit in onroad and offroad over the years. For the most part I've resisted the urge to go with loud, fluorescent paint schemes in favor of more realistic liveries....preferably vintage ones. Unfortunately, my offroad cars (E-buggy and Stadium Truck) have migrated to obnoxiously bright paint for visibility at night races. But since those bodies resemble NOTHING realistic, it really doesn't bother me much. However, some of my offroaders were done up realistically anyway.

Of course, these are first and foremost racing vehicles. So while I do my best to make the cars look as realistic as I can, I don't sacrifice any of their performance in doing so. The onroad cars below are/were raced in the Vintage Trans Am class and the USGT class. The offroaders were in various Short Course classes. None of these cars are truly "scale" in appearance, obviously. So I figured I would just lump them all into one thread.

Any other racers out there stick to realistic paint schemes for their racecars??

Some of you may even recognize the paint scheme on my 18th scale racer.

And some of my offroaders...

Anyone recognize this one?

I like th eclassic liveries too, nice paint jobs!

Really got a weak spot for the Gulf SCT

The Penske Camaro and the Yoko BMW are killers too!

Great looking racers.

That Z28 is the bees knees. Love that livery!
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Thanks, fellas! I raced that Penske/Donohue Camaro for the last year in VTA. I briefly tried the white Firebird, but didn't like the shape of the body so I sold after one race day. I just painted up the red Mustang and will give it a go this weekend. I'm curious if the different body will perform better/worse, but I've heard good things. I'm not currently racing USGT (the more modern looking cars), but that may change soon. I'm envisioning a 370Z body with mid '90s Nissan IMSA GT livery.

Wow, that Gulf buggy looks cool!