sbg  

AE Element 2

Thread: Frog Falls trip

Default Frog Falls trip

Well the Missus and I snuck away for another nice camping trip. We found a very cool spot that I wanted to share with everyone. The place is called Frog Falls. it is 6km off the Trans Canada Hwy. just south of a very small community called Three Valley Gap.

The camp site was your normal forest service campsite. the area was almost like a rain forest. huge cedar trees and lots of foliage. there was an old road behind the campsite that when i walked up I came across this.

kinda creepy to see from a distance. but when i got closer i realized this underground bunker housed turbine generators. these generators supply power to the community down the mountain. after finding this i had to check out the falls. so a short hike up a trail to the top of the falls I found this building which is where the water is fed to the turbines below.

now for the really beautiful part. the falls. these pics are taken from the top.

after standing at the top I decided that this would look way better from the bottom. so i hiked back down to camp lost my socks and put on some sandals. walked down to the creek and set off up the creek with no paddles. there where a few spots where i had to wade through the water. really no big deal except the wqater is from the glaciers even further up the mountains. my feet kept going numb. anyways here are some pics of what i found.

was such a beautiful place the sun the ravine. it was one of those times when mother nature really took my breath away.

I did take some trucks along more pics of that to follow.

Chris
    Last edited by Wrencher; 09-11-2013 at 08:50 PM.

Nice Chris, looks like a cool spot. West is the best.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

so some adventuring with my trucks while the wife was laying in the sun reading her novel. heres some pics of the fun. first up was the land cruiser.

found some scale mushrooms

not so scale mushrooms

down by the creek

then took the yota out for a run

was a fantastic weekend.

Chris

Definitely looks like fun. How are you finding the G-Made wheel/tire combination working out for you? I really was surprised by them at the ECSC.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Amazing, looks like a wonderful trip.

Kick ass spot for an amature horror flick!
    That's one interesting waterfall, bizzare formation.
    That's th eone close to the house you were telling me about?

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    Definitely looks like fun. How are you finding the G-Made wheel/tire combination working out for you? I really was surprised by them at the ECSC.
    the tires are starting to work much better. still find the grip dissapears when they are wet.

Quote Originally Posted by sgl View Post
    Amazing, looks like a wonderful trip.
    was an amazing weekend

Quote Originally Posted by UNGLEWD View Post
    Kick ass spot for an amature horror flick!
    That's one interesting waterfall, bizzare formation.
    That's th eone close to the house you were telling me about?
    no thiis one is about an hour from house. the one i was telling you about is a bit smaller but just as beautiful.

Amazing photos, looks like a great time. I really like the Yota pics!

I didn't see any falling frogs anywhere, but the rest of the place looks great! Nice place for your excellent rigs too!