sbg  

AE Element 2

Thread: RC4WD 1.5 Landies Inside Diameter?

Default RC4WD 1.5 Landies Inside Diameter?

Does anyone know if the ID on the 1.55 Landies is the same as or larger than their regular steelies? Any others worth looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyracing View Post
    Does anyone know if the ID on the 1.55 Landies is the same as or larger than their regular steelies? Any others worth looking at?
    39.37 mm's which is the same as there classic stamped steel wheels with spokes. The outside diameter changes a great deal depending on the tires chosen. I'm running Dirt Grabbers on the spoke steelies which gives me a diameter of 2.99 if I had gone with the Desert King's the outside diameter would have been 3.70.
    As an aside I have the Dirt Grabbers in 1.9, mounted on 1.9 Steelies and the outside diameter is 3.75 pretty much the same.

Thanks for the specs. I've got some figuring to do. I know their regular steelies will fit the CC01 front end, because the offset keeps them out a touch further than the Landies. Once the wheel moves in far enough, it could run into the kingpins, which add up to 41mm top to bottom. I might be able to scrounge a few mm with some careful filing and make this work.

I've ordered up some 1.55 Desert Kings, BTW. Very nice, low key tires.

Thanks again!

Found it! Even with the different offset and pin mounts, they'll fit.

http://www.tamiyarcforums.com/forum/...CC01-fun-build