sbg  

LockedUp RC

Thread: Junfac Gmade SR02 beadlock wheels

Default Junfac Gmade SR02 beadlock wheels

Saw these on Junfac's website. first time i had seen them and thought i would give them a try. I like the Classic look of them. Gives another option than landies or spoke wheels. The same wheel is available with no slots. Also available in 4 finishes. White, black, silver and bare metal. I have already painted the back peice and center flat black. this was done so you wouldn't see the silver through slots in front of wheel.

The center peice is a solid cast metal piece, not just a ring. the rear peice is a cast peice as well and has the hex cast into it.

these wheels are supposed to be a +2 positive offset. here are some measurements i took. the comparison wheel is a RC4WD 1.55 steel wheel.

first couple show the offset of center.

back side

front side

Gmade back spacing

rc4wd back spacing

A Tamiya hummer wheel backspacing

width of center section.

The metal seems fairly strong. the powder coat on the front was very smooth and shinny ( in pics you will see I have sanded and made them dirty.) Assembly was very easy. way easier than other brands as there was no need to line up spokes from front to back. In the hardware kit they give 2 extra long bolts to start assy. makes it alot easier. the studs can go in either way but I choose to have the nuts on outside so they look more like studs and nuts. The actual hardware seems fairly good quality. snugged them down pretty good and none have stripped.

After assy. they hold the bead very well. I pulled pretty hard to check and they would not let go. the tire i mounted has a fairly thin side wall and bead, but they still grabbed well.

The +2 positive offset will sure help tuck these under bodies. Make it a bit easier to use axial axles. once I get them mounted on a rig i will do some comparison photos to show how well this works. The only downside of this was that the front of wheel does not have that deep dish look to it.

one thing i did notice was that because of the cast metal peices this wheel is fairly heavy in comparison to other wheels. this could be good or bad depending on your application.

all in all, if you like the style I think this will be a great wheel i can recommend. I will add to this thread as time goes on and let you know how they stand up.

Chris
    Last edited by Wrencher; 06-20-2013 at 04:13 PM.

Thanks for the review. I don't think you mentionned it: what size are they?

Sorry about that. Gmade so far has only made 1.9 wheels.

Thanks for reviewing these Chris.
    Would love to know the final track width mounted on Axihole axles... maybe a great option on that new Landy project.
    Love the look of them

I can bring them with me this weekend and you can check them out.

Hell yeah, please do!

so here are some more pics with wheels and tires mounted.

the first 2 are them mounted on a rc4wd scale yota axle.

next are them mounted on axial axles. mostly stock but using 4mm thick hexes.

first pic is a set of 1.55 rc4wd steel spoke for comparison. 9 inches wide form outside of tire.

next is the gmade wheels and tires. there was no interference with steering arms or knuckle clearance. they right on with no modding.

8.5 inches. almost a half inch narrower.

Not too shabby, thanks for the specs Chris.