sbg  

AE Element 2

Thread: Junfac Gmade MT1901

Default Junfac Gmade MT1901

Time for another tire review. i like new stuff so i picked up a set of these to try.

Appearance wise I like them. Nice wide square tread section. first impression out of package is that the compound sure seems soft. softer than most RC4wd tires. The foams where kinda weird that they where not a doughnut but a strip with a split. The sidewalls seem very thin. Hope this will give the carcass good flex.

here are some size comparison pics. in the pic is a 1.9 irok, 1.9 roklox and a 1.55 mud thrasher for comparison.

next to a 1.55 rock stomper

here is a pic after mounting on a wheel to show mounted width, next to a 1.55 mounted rock stomper.

very optimistic about how this tire will perform. tread looks good. compound seems right. I like that the edge tread block are staggered to add traction. Once i get them mounted on a rig and find time to get out, I will let you guys know how they perform.

Chris
    Last edited by Wrencher; 06-20-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Eagerly awaiting a report....

Me too seriously considering these tires just to have in the arsenal

So I finally got to take these tires out and try them in some different terrain.

one thing i really found that i liked about these tires was that with no mods to foam the tires sidewalls had a super nice bulge. they seemed to really wrap around objects with out wadding up.

one area i was surprised about was the asphalt test. they gripped very well and when i put the rig in high gear they actually made a fun little howling noisy when you turned.

I was very pleased with there performance in gravel. floated and just drove over top of it with very little effort. low gear and smooth throttle it climbed some gravel banks no problem

I absolutely loved the performance in sand. these tires where a ton of fun to drive in sand. easy throttle would go almost anywhere. a bit more throttle and some nice roosts. too much throttle and stuck.

next was i tried some water hoping to find mud. the bottom of the little water hole i was playing in was kinda hard packed. so the mud test didn't pan out.

now here is the part i am unsure of I came out of the water and headed for some rocks. I was not overly impressed with the bite on rocks. you could hear the treads trying to grab,very little traction. the front tires would barely even climb a bit of rock, they just spun. took a run at the rock and bounced fronts up but couldn't pull rears up. I am unsure if it was the water on tires or not. I have run other tires in water then rocks, or even wet rocks and had better luck. a little disappointing here. going to try them again on some diff rocks and dry. however i am suspicious of the compound. will do further testing and let you know the results.

Great review so far Chris
    I had good luck with them in snow

Good review. I love the dirt slingin' action in that one pic.
    [B]SBG Junior Vice President

This is an excellent review, and bodes well for my last place finish in the East Coast World Nationals.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    This is an excellent review, and bodes well for my last place finish in the East Coast World Nationals.
    Nice to see you have set some goals for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrencher View Post
    Nice to see you have set some goals for yourself.
    The moral of the story is, never try.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

The MT1901 gmade are a real disaster. Of serie on my Sawback, they were replaced very quickly. I opted for the MT1904, they go everywhere, nothing stops my machine.