sbg  

AE Element 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Light Buckets

I had posted that there was a set of light buckets available at RC-planet. Unfortunately I was mistaken it was at Hopmeup.com. These light fixtures are made by integy and can be found under part number C23524, they sell for $6.76 and look like this.

I aplogize for the mistake, hope this helps.
    Scott

I use flashlight buckets from 1$ flashlights at dollar store.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

tiny Christmas bells

Quote Originally Posted by sgl View Post
    I had posted that there was a set of light buckets available at RC-planet. Unfortunately I was mistaken it was at Hopmeup.com. These light fixtures are made by integy and can be found under part number C23524, they sell for $6.76 and look like this.

I aplogize for the mistake, hope this helps.
    Scott
    That's exactly what I use. They are fantastic and very easy to work with. Little CA and shoe goo and they go right in.

The LEGO solution seems like a great one and easy to come by. I've also used aluminum roofers flashing you can pick up at Home Depot or other building supply store and made a paper template which I folded and trimmed to fit. Then I traced the outline of it on the aluminum and marked the folds. I used a pair of needle nose plyers to fold the tabs and then glued in whatever I was using for headlights, usually cheap "wearable jewels" from Hobby Lobby. The combination of the folded aluminum buckets with the conical shaped LEGOs might work if you were putting in LED's in them.

i have been using the scrap lexan left over from trimming bodies. lay it over the end of a broom handle and heat gently with a micro torch and it will shape itself. a quick spritz of silver paint and done. easy to shape to fit all types of body contours too

Quote Originally Posted by stevem50 View Post
    i have been using the scrap lexan left over from trimming bodies. lay it over the end of a broom handle and heat gently with a micro torch and it will shape itself. a quick spritz of silver paint and done. easy to shape to fit all types of body contours too
    That sounds like a great and easy fix. For smaller bowl shapes you can use the end of a drum stick although not everyone has them lying around the house like me!

one of the best scrach built light buckets ive seen https://youtu.be/S-Spnykwtus

That's a great video on building buckets.

little silver bells from Micheal's work well

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12