sbg  

Pro-Line
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: chrome on poly carbonate body?

bajaboy5b Guest

Alclad works great but the can stuff tends to flake off if it's not lightly airbrushed for me. Also it lasts much longer if you use Alclad gloss black for backing.

-Jeremy

Keddy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UNGLEWD View Post
    I wish more of the shops would carry SpazStix too but i think there's issues with chemical laws.
    Average Joe's RC is now carries SpazStix. Since he's already in Canada, there shouldn't be any issue mailing because it's not cross boarder. I know yesterday he put in a few hundred dollar order for SpazStix, so he's pretty stocked.

You can get in touch with him easy though email. Joe@averagejoesrc.ca

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    If that doesn't work, I used Bare Metal Foil. Looks great.

is it just aluminum foil? somehow attached? glue? more info please

Quote Originally Posted by Wrencher View Post
    is it just aluminum foil? somehow attached? glue? more info please
    Bare Metal Foil is the brand name. Tower carries it, among other places. It's super thin foil with a strong adhesive on the back. Love the stuff.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by motocrawler View Post
    I know racetech hobbies in coquitlam has spazstix chrome paint for lexan in stock. I was there last week and he had a full shelf of it.
    Just called to make sure they had some in stock and they have no idea what Spazstix is?

the shop by me always has spazstix in stock... pm me and I can drop an ad on ebay and i'll send it up north

Wes at RCPitstop occasionally gets Spazstix in, or did, but I haven't been in there in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by stevem50 View Post
    the shop by me always has spazstix in stock... pm me and I can drop an ad on ebay and i'll send it up north
    A very nice offer but it won't make the border I don't think

Quote Originally Posted by Dukk View Post
    Wes at RCPitstop occasionally gets Spazstix in, or did, but I haven't been in there in a while.
    I'd rather try to dissolve tinfoil or wait for a boat from Brittan
    Last edited by UNGLEWD; 03-26-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UNGLEWD View Post
    Just called to make sure they had some in stock and they have no idea what Spazstix is?
    The shop owner Norm is their Thursday-Saturday. If you called any other day the guys he has working are completely useless. They didn't even know what a scx-10 was when I phoned for some parts. I can guarantee you he has it because I had it in my hand and almost bought it the other week, and not to mention Norm has all his racing buggies painted with spazstix.

robotron Guest

Michaels carries both silver leaf and gold leaf kits.
    comes with adhesive and about 6 - 6" x 4" sheets, only works for external applications and you need a very steady hand for a clean finish. I did the bumpers on an old Bel-air body i had, looked pretty good but i rushed through it a little, there's certainly a great deal of potential for it. For small details it works great.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast